Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Any truth to the rumours about Loma-Rigo for Dec 9?
09-15-2017, 03:54 PM
Any truth to the rumours about Loma-Rigo for Dec 9?
Seen it pop up on Facebook but can't find any credible outlets yet.

If so, what do you all think?

I love the idea of p4p fights, but the problem with throwing two guys in from different weights in together is that the weight difference will always asterisk the result.

Loma is too big, plain and simple.

If he wins, he'll never quite get the plaudits he may deserve from beating a guy of Rigo's stature. I'd rather him take on the considerable talent at 130 and Rigo do the same at 122. Or even 126 first, which may set the fight up a little better.

As it stands, I've littl desire to see Rigondeaux leapfrog two weight classes to take on a guy his equal in all categories and his superior in size. It kinda spoils the match up.

Black
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-15-2017, 06:37 PM
RE: Any truth to the rumours about Loma-Rigo for Dec 9?
Well it's BScene official now...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-15-2017, 10:57 PM (This post was last modified: 09-16-2017 12:03 AM by ViperSniper.)
I feel neither really effects the landscape of their own divisions (or career paths) & normally don't like fighters moving divisions unless it's called for.
THIS however is a rare exception for me! This is like a Jones-Hopkins/Jones-Toney match up where you will get a chance to see two very highly skilled p4p fighters in the same ring figuring it out.
Rigo n Loma for me are the 2 most skilled and talented boxers at the moment & both considered one of the greatest amateur fighters of all time! I hope this gets signed!! If we're ever gonna see this it has to happen now!
09-16-2017, 02:57 AM
If Rigo wins this I'd have him as #1 p4p
09-16-2017, 03:26 AM
Here is who I'd edge in each category between Rigo & Loma

Speed-Rigo
Power-Rigo
Strength-Loma
Timing-Rigo
Reflexes-Rigo
Combination-Loma
Punching technique-Rigo
Angles-Loma
Distance-Rigo
Foot speed-Loma
Balance-Rigo
Work rate-Loma
Inside game-Loma
Defense-Rigo
09-16-2017, 10:58 AM
Sick fight.

Sucks that Rigo has to move up 2 divisions to get a big HBO fight and probably his first loss. I feel that HBO really fucked up their marketing of him -- he's not so much different than a Crawford or a Mayweather in terms of excitement.
09-17-2017, 03:03 AM (This post was last modified: 09-17-2017 03:04 AM by and the NEW.)
Well this is signed.

I think Loma stops him. Rigo is too small and has no output, he won't be able to sustain an attack for 12 rounds from a bigger guy at this age. And Loma knows how to pressure, his footwork will enable him to stay on Rigo as he is hopping around to try to create distance. Might be good for a few rounds, then the landslide will begin.
09-17-2017, 03:44 AM
Yeah, I agree.

Rigo will struggle with the sheer size and weight difference as the fight goes on and will be worn down. Especially as his in his mid 30's.

Black
09-17-2017, 04:28 AM (This post was last modified: 09-17-2017 04:32 AM by ViperSniper.)
Yeah..originally this was spoken about as a CW & when talking p4p it's razor tight but now it's signed and involves Rigo moving up 2 divisions to fight for Lomas belt then the matchup changes dramatically.

Size & weight will be the main factor and be the very two things that will give Rigo his first career loss. I guess props to Rigo..he has always been one of boxings most avoided..not just cause he isn't marketable but he is also dangerous. Now he is moving up 2 divisions for this. Due to that reason, his age and tough time as a pro I hope he can pull this one off and catch Loma! Loma has much more years agead of his career than Rigo.

Loma unfortunately wins on physicality alone here!

Glad this is happening still and can't wait to see the opening round!
12-07-2017, 04:00 PM
This fight is happening this weekend!.... what's everyone thinking?

Im hoping Rigo takes this... only because everyone has written him off and it'd be an excellent F U to Bob Arum after the way Top Rank blacc balled him after he crushed Donaire.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Rigo vs Loma @130 JONdaCON 6 3,488 06-27-2017 06:37 AM
Last Post: and the NEW

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)