Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Your Scorecards For GGG-Canelo
09-20-2017, 07:20 AM
RE: Your Scorecards For GGG-Canelo
115-113 GGG

Anything from 114-114 to 116-112 GGG is palatable.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-20-2017, 07:38 AM (This post was last modified: 09-20-2017 07:41 AM by and the NEW.)
115-113 GGG

A lot of close rounds though. Can't wait to see this one again! Why do I get the feeling Canelo/GBP will make GGG wait another couple years though!?
09-20-2017, 07:51 AM (This post was last modified: 09-20-2017 07:52 AM by blackbelt2003.)
Ok so here's are my notes:

Round 1 - Golovkin lands a total of four jabs and misses everything else. Canelo throws only a few bursts and lands about ten shots total. Zero way you can give this to GGG
10-9 Canelo (clear!

Round 2 - Canelo pushing GGG back with a hard jab. GGG missing with most shots and struggling to get his distance. Canelo also missing but landing more and controlling distance. Heavy body shots from Canelo.
10-9 Canelo (clear!

Round 3 - Canelo walking him down and pushing GGG back. GGG giving ground and trying to flurry with light shots. Seems to find his range a little in the last 40 seconds.
10-9 Canelo (clear)

Round 4 - GGG now in range, both men taking turns to land. GGG throwing more but mostly missing, Canelo more accurate but sporadic. Close round to score, GGG maybe finishes slightly stronger?
10-9 Golovkin (close)

Round 5 - Wow...can hardly split them. Landed punches are about even, sonits down to what you like? Level round, but flashy right from GGG edges it if you have to pick a winner
10-9 Golovkin (close)

Round 6 - GGG applying pressure now and pushing Canelo back. Canelo also landing shots but it feels like Golovkin is controlling tempo. Still razor thin though in actual punches landed.
10-9 Golovkin (close)

Round 7 - First clear round for Golovkin. Canelo hardly throwing and back peddling. GGG getting through with jabs and rights
10-9 Golovkin (clear)

Round 8 - GGG is in range now...he's jabbing well and his punch percentage is up. Now outlanding Canelo for the first time and Canelo struggling to keep pace.
10-9 Golovkin (clear)

Round 9 - Canelo starts fast with a big burst of shots, GGG slightly rocked by a LH and then shortly after a R. Strange round as GGG isn't landing much but is controlling the pace. Canelo lands way more shots (and power shots) but looks uncomfortable. I should score this Canelo but consensus is Golovkin even though he's not landing.
10-9 Golovkin (close)

Round 10 - Canelo comes out firing and rocks GGG's head with U and knocks him off balance with clubbing R. Canelo sustains a burst for 1 min 15 secs with Golovkin struggling to match his speed. GGG picks up for second half but not landing as much apart from a big burst for last 20 secs.
10-9 Canelo (close)

Round 11 - GGG pressing forwards but not landing much. Canelo backing off (some would say running) and landing odd counter shots. Good 30 sec spell for GGG midway in. Canelo lands big R, GGG lands big shots in last 30 secs.
10-9 Golovkin (close)

Round 12 - Fast start for Canelo, landing a big U. Both are trading but Canelo landing more due to hand speed. GGG keeps coming forwards and has a good spell halfway through for about 40 secs, landing a huge R. Canelo picks up pace in final minute and GGG tires and backs off. Both exchange for final ten secs.
10-9 Canelo (close)

115-113 Golovkin - and that's giving him every benefit of the doubt in close rounds. I could easily have given Canelo a couple of the close rounds.

A second viewing confirms to me that this was a close fight either way.

Black
09-20-2017, 09:45 PM
I rewatched the fight the other night. First time watching it, I edged round 1 to Canelo, 2nd time I saw it for Golovkin in a clearer round than 1st viewing. Didn't think Canelo won that clearly at all, and I also though Golovkin landed more shots that round.
09-21-2017, 08:34 AM
Wow, really? I slow motioned virtually the whole round and he landed four jabs. Every other shot misses. Weird how two people can see two different things, huh?

Black
09-21-2017, 09:30 AM
I think it's more weird how 1 person can see two different things lol
Think about it..that's majority of us here who have seen the fight differently rewatching it. Watching it live, as soon as round 1 finished I said to Fitz it was a Golovkin round and he was surprised and said he gave it to Canelo haha. The fight had alot of close rounds but feel Canelo fell short in the majority of them.
09-21-2017, 11:32 AM
I think this is going to be one of those fights that will cause controversy for years to come.

Black
09-22-2017, 09:49 AM
What would boxing be without a bit of controversy hey!
09-22-2017, 11:29 AM
(09-21-2017 11:32 AM)blackbelt2003 Wrote:  I think this is going to be one of those fights that will cause controversy for years to come.

Black

There's no controversy. GGG got shafted.

(09-22-2017 09:49 AM)and the NEW Wrote:  What would boxing be without a bit of controversy hey!

A more enjoyable sport.
09-22-2017, 12:30 PM
Refs who enforce the rules. Judges who score on criteria.

It's really simple stuff.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)