Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Poll: Who wins?
Wilder by KO/stoppage
Wilder by decision
Ortiz by KO/stoppage
Ortiz by decision
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Deontay Wilder-Luis Ortiz set for March 3rd
03-04-2018, 01:55 AM
RE: Deontay Wilder-Luis Ortiz set for March 3rd
The first special needs champion of the world.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-04-2018, 03:00 AM
Wilder's game plan tonight was masterful: Walk around the ring and wait for Luis Ortiz's blood pressure medication to wear off. However he almost paid a heavy price by getting those calculations wrong in the 7th round.

1st half of this fight was garbage the second half was exhilarating as the windmill punches flowed with abandon and the fight resembled a couple of spastics having a rumble in the frozen food aisle of the supermarket.

I am somewhat worried for Wilder though, after the fight he confidently asserted than none of Ortiz's punches had hurt him. Well if that's the case I'd hate to see what he looks like when he really is shook up by a heavy shot.

“Shakespeare? I ain’t never hoid of him. He’s not in no ratings. I suppose he’s one of them foreign heavyweights. They’re all lousy. Sure as hell I’ll moider dat bum.”—Tony Galento
03-04-2018, 04:22 AM
He priced himself out of the AJ fight. Not hard to see why.
03-04-2018, 05:34 AM (This post was last modified: 03-04-2018 06:26 AM by ViperSniper.)
This ended up being an exciting firefight with both landing some monster shots!

I had the Cuban King Kong up on the cards and fought well. He banked alot of early rounds with the jab and sneaky counters, doing well landing shots to the midsection.

However Wilder's power is fucked up! The moment he was the first to drop Ortiz, Ortiz needed two rounds to regain his head and energy level. At this point, Wilder should have pressed more but Ortiz got back in the fight and was a punch away from making history. Wilder was lucky Ortiz was tired by this point and had punched himself out trying to get a hurt Wilder outta there.

Wilder did not look great during the next round or two and had Ortiz been more fresh at that point in the fight he would have the belt right now!
Wilder showed that he doesn't have the greatest recuperating abilities but did an excellent job of not going down, getting back in the fight & turn things around by getting the KO!

Wilder's power is scary! I'm not saying he is greater but I feel Deontay Wilder's power is amongst the heaviest in Heavyweight history with Tyson, Foreman & Liston!
03-04-2018, 07:31 AM
Wilder is not a pretty boxer, he tried to be tonight. He can't outbox a farmbred Cuban (not many can) he tried to tonight, what he can do is punch through a stone wall even if its awkward and ugly as shit, he did that tonight. He should've been a bit more aggressive from the get go. I get it Ortiz was dangerous fresh and Wilders camp had apparently bought the judges but damn it man those first 4 rounds were hard to watch.

Wilder may not be pretty, technical or graceful but he can effing punch and proved tonight he has plenty of heart. I'd like to see him fight the Whyte/Browne winner before Joshua/Parker because I think Joshua/Parker will be a trilogy and is gong to come with alot of drama.

"Weapons are forged by being pushed beyond their limits eventually breaking what they currently are to be molded into the killing machines they will soon become" -TeddyBear- remember that shit[/i][/b][/font]
03-04-2018, 09:28 AM (This post was last modified: 03-04-2018 09:29 AM by blackbelt2003.)
Wilder looks like an absolute bag of steaming shit....but absolute bags of steaming shit don’t go 40-0 (39) and knock out Luis Ortiz.

The problem is that whilst he hasn’t zero fundamentals and is as ungainly as fuck, he has that one-two-three combo of athleticism, power and fitness. It means that his athleticism allows him to avoid single shots pretty well (even if he’s flinching and jerking like he’s got epilepsy), but his retard power means that genuinely good fighters like Ortiz are literally too scared to throw the necessary combinations in case he swings that brick of a right hand at them. And his fitness levels mean he can carry on with his schtick for twelve rounds and knock them out late.

Wilder is beatable...very beatable. But paradoxically he is also hard to beat...very hard to beat.

Black
03-04-2018, 10:21 AM
Wilder’s list of opponents have allowed him to be undefeated. He went absolute life and death with a guy who is average in any era...people are so desperate for heavy’s tone good again they hope it means something.

It doesn’t. Wilder sucks. His power is terrific, but no...he’s not Earnie Shavers, Sonny Liston, or George Foreman.

Last nights fight proved how absolutely God awful this guy is.
03-04-2018, 12:44 PM
I don't know how anyone could come away from that fight feeling anything about Wilder or the division except what has already been said. The division is historically bad, and Wilder is going life and death with guys Jess Willard would've eaten for breakfast.

If Wilder is indeed "very hard to beat", it speaks more to how fucked the division is than how talented Wilder is. What an embarrassing time to be alive. The UFC heavyweight champion is more technically sound than one of boxing's "premier" heavyweight champions.

Warriors Don't Show Their Heart Until The Axe Reveals It.
03-04-2018, 01:04 PM
It’s crazy.

We just saw complete and utter shit. Wilder looked awful because he is awful...not because Ortiz is the second coming of Ken Norton.
03-04-2018, 01:44 PM
Wilder is crude and wild, but he has great power.

Anthony Joshua is probably the only heavy who can beat him right now. It would be a great fight, and the KO opportunity will definitely be there for Wilder if he can land his straight right at the right time. But AJ brings a more rounded balance of power and technique, and I will bet heavy on him when the time comes.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Star Deontay Wilder-Tyson Fury II set 02/22/2020! ViperSniper 227 11,010 02-29-2020 10:37 PM
Last Post: Dickagon
  Cut fears put Tyson Fury's head off limits as he spars for Deontay Wilder fight TheTeddyBear 7 678 01-17-2020 04:56 PM
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  Wilder-Ortiz II set Nov 23rd: Repeat or revenge? ViperSniper 79 5,042 12-05-2019 09:08 PM
Last Post: ViperSniper

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)