Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Poll: Who wins in 15 rounds?
Sugar Ray Leonard
Marvelous Marvin Hagler
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
If Leonard-Hagler was a 15 Rounder.
10-20-2017, 11:47 PM (This post was last modified: 10-21-2017 12:02 PM by ViperSniper.)
If Leonard-Hagler was a 15 Rounder.
It's always been mentioned somewhere along the discussion when talking this fight between Leonard & Hagler. Leonard apparently wanted a 12 rounder instead of a 15 rounder & got it his way.

Had there been those final extra 3 rounds of the fight, could have that been enough rounds for the tide to turn or Hagler to get the nod?

Would the first 12 rounds look any different had they both trained for 15 rounds in the beginning?

I feel you may have seen Leonard throw less to preserve his energy, with Hagler perhaps being more patient.

I've seen some say in the past that Hagler would have come on the final 3 rounds to take the fight.

With the fight going the way it did (I had Leonard win by a point or 2) , I feel an additional 3 rounds would have seen it go down to the wire with a very similar outcome.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-21-2017, 08:04 AM
RE: If Leonard-Hagler was a 15 Rounder.
Hard to say. I'd still favor SRL a little in it.
10-24-2017, 03:23 AM
RE: If Leonard-Hagler was a 15 Rounder.
I think Leonard times it all to perfection.

Personally I think he had a bit left in the tank and would have just recalculated had it been fifteen rounds.

Black

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Fights Revisisted. Sugar Ray Leonard-Marvalous Marvin Hagler. Who won this? ViperSniper 6 5,457 08-01-2014 11:10 AM
Last Post: Decagon
  Do you crave the return of the 15 rounder? Maxy 14 6,136 11-07-2012 02:24 PM
Last Post: lloyd mayflower

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)