Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Poll: Who has the brightest future?
Spence 147
Jermell 154
Jermall 160
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Who has the brightest future out of these current Americans?
12-29-2018, 10:51 PM (This post was last modified: 12-29-2018 11:02 PM by and the NEW.)
RE: Who has the brightest future out of these current Americans?
(12-23-2018 02:49 AM)ViperSniper Wrote:  Spence seems like the choice..but he may also have more competition within & around his division than Jermall

I don't know that welter has more competition than middle. Jermall would struggle with Derevyanchenko, Jacobs, Andrade, Canelo and GGG. It is a stacked division.

(12-23-2018 07:12 PM)blackbelt2003 Wrote:  Haven't seen either fight but disappointed in the bare results for the Charlos.

And struggling with a Matt Korobov on late notice after he was destroyed by Andy frickin' Lee ain't great either.

I actually thought Korobov had a good chance of beating Charlo (I'm sure I wrote it in a thread somewhere before the fight), but as Teddy says, Korobov took the fight on a few days notice. In saying that, I thought Charlo performed better than expected for me, as I gave him a razor thin decision (by a point). Korabov might have lost to Andy Lee, but he was boxing the socks off of him until he got caught, much better than Billy Joe Saunders was doing. Korobov is a 2 time amateur world champion, so the fact that Charlo matched him for skills was impressive to me given how average Charlo looked in with Trout (although Trout also made Canelo and Cotto look average so his awkward style does seem to pose problems for some fighters).

I was impressed with Charlo's jab (but I always am as it's his main weapon), but mostly his straight right down the pipe, without much tell before he threw it, as well as his ability to close distance with his feet to set up his range. He was also looking for a lot of counters, and doing so with good use of well balanced body feints to disrupt Korobov's mastery of distance.

Korobov goes neck and neck on skills with any of the other top 160lbers (Jacobs, Derevyanchko, Andrade, Canelo or GGG).
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-30-2020, 10:49 PM
Has anyones opinion changed between these fighters? I feel all their situations/status has slightly shifted since this thread.

The way all have looked in their last fights, I'd say Jermall is looking the most promising!..
10-01-2020, 12:01 PM
I thought both wins were impressive... but Mall is def better then Mell... which, im hoping is the one at 160.. lol
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-01-2020, 09:42 PM
Jermall is way better than Jermell.

Jermell loses focus, gets lazy and can’t stick to a plan.
10-01-2020, 10:19 PM
(10-01-2020 09:42 PM)JD Wrote:  Jermall is way better than Jermell.

Jermell loses focus, gets lazy and can’t stick to a plan.

Completely agree.
Although both twins with similar styles, they're some differences & Jermall (160) is the better twin!

Jermall has a tad more power, with straighter shots who is far more composed.

Jermell (154) doesn't fight as long, is more aggressive & wild when he does open up!

I would actually favour Jermell (154) to beat Spence at this point in time also.
10-02-2020, 10:21 AM
I’m concerned Spence might be done.
10-03-2020, 03:23 AM
Done before he was even ready or truly arrived..

Going by his last 2 fights against Garcia & Porter he didn't look convincing of someone whose supposed to be the man at Welterweight & many had him amongst the p4p best in the world.

Not saying Spence was getting discouraged against Porter but feel Spence is a frontrunner with 1 gear. Spence has good fundamentals & skills but feel he lacks speed & reaction time that fighters need to get ahead in competitive fights.

Against Porter it felt like he was always slightly behind on the action, even when he was getting work in. Spence did great in giving Porter a tough fight but felt he never had complete control either.

Even though I scored it to Porter, I also don't think Spence looked or did bad but also didn't look great either!

The Garcia fight was incredibly underwhelming & despite the size difference, still didn't manage to put on a show, while carrying the smaller Mikey for 12.

THEN you have the car crash! It's not just the crash itself that could very well affect Spence but it's also the lifestyle decisions he made which led to that decisions. So his focus/commitment (as a young world champion) was perhaps already in question before the near death car crash.

That's why his return to the ring is very intriguing & especially against a very capable, experienced fighter in Danny Garcia!

I unfortunately don't have high expectations with Spence from this point on & feel we may have already seen him at his best.
10-03-2020, 07:28 AM
Done because of the beating his body and brain took in the car accident.

I was a believer, but we have no clue what he will look like.
10-03-2020, 01:44 PM
I think Spencer was always going to be a slow burner. He is not a flashy, exuberant, extravagantly talented guy like a Mayweather or Jones Jr.

Instead, his tools are textbook skill, grit, fitness and command of the ring. He was never going to be a guy who lit up the ring every time, and more of a guy who got the job done.

Of course, that may all be a moot point now if he's wrecked himself for good. The problem is, the Danny Garcia fight may not tell us anything. The old Spence may have struggles to a hardfought D over Garcia, so if the new one does it doesn't necessarily he's shot or ruined.

Black
10-05-2020, 02:55 AM
I forgot how much history Spence & the Charlos have.
You see the competitiveness to them both here as Charlo brings up the time Spence was late to training..

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Brightest future out of these undefeated US fighters? ViperSniper 25 1,745 11-08-2020 12:30 AM
Last Post: ViperSniper
  Who has the brightest future out of the current Heavyweight Champions? ViperSniper 261 71,711 02-23-2020 07:27 PM
Last Post: blackbelt2003
  Do black Americans like their egos stroked more than others? and the NEW 50 31,439 12-08-2011 01:23 PM
Last Post: salvador

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)