Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Boxing writer
11-04-2017, 07:53 PM
Boxing writer
I would message Snoop Directly but he's been MIA for some time now..

Any how, i was curious... How does one begin to seriously write Boxing Articles? Blog, Website, then eventually write for a major website?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-05-2017, 05:38 AM
RE: Boxing writer
If that dick Spyder was still here he could get your stuff up here Jon. It was discussed way back at the start as theres a few guys with the ability to put together a decent article on here.
Find all posts by this user
11-05-2017, 12:20 PM
And i promise I'd spell everything correctly... haha.
11-05-2017, 01:55 PM
Practice in here pal.

Get some K on the go.
11-06-2017, 03:55 AM (This post was last modified: 11-06-2017 03:55 AM by Snoop.)
Nah I've been around, just haven't been posting much. You can PM me anytime bro.

But my best advice is to start writing for blogs, sites that you follow. Unfortunately there aren't very many hard print boxing publications anymore, and even the more serious boxing websites are slowly dying, so it's hard to find an outlet nowadays. My start was actually with a community newspaper where I wrote that article on Pacquiao and it went semi-viral on some boxing blogs, then I wrote a bit on Fighthype. Didn't get paid, but I had a few publications under my belt. Used those as writing samples and found a home eventually to create a portfolio.

So yeah, my best advice if you're just starting out is to find a blog you like and respect, be willing to write a couple pieces for free, then maybe move on to one of the bigger sites once you get some samples. There's other things too, but just PM me if you have any questions.

All heart. That's what most little guys are.
But that counts for a lot. In the gym or
the ring all you gotta do is get up
one more time than the other guy thinks you can.

- Gabrielle Calvocoressi

http://www.wanderingpugilist.com
11-06-2017, 11:07 AM
Thanks bro.. nice to see you alive and well.

Ive considered starting my own blog... getting a cheap website and doing some Boxing and MMA pieces.
11-06-2017, 03:20 PM (This post was last modified: 11-06-2017 03:22 PM by Snoop.)
(11-06-2017 11:07 AM)JONdaCON Wrote:  Thanks bro.. nice to see you alive and well.

Ive considered starting my own blog... getting a cheap website and doing some Boxing and MMA pieces.

That's definitely another legit approach to get started. A lot of writers use this site for their blogs nowadays:

https://medium.com/

It's free so you don't have to worry about hosting fees or anything like that. I think you can add some photos but it's pretty basic. If you wanted to go full on site, there's a bunch of different options, but I'm sure someone else here who is more computer savvy might be a better resource.

- Gabrielle Calvocoressi

11-06-2017, 08:46 PM
Jon, you can also try upwork. It's a website for free agents and contractors. There's always people looking for writers there. I've written a few pieces for a couple of British Boxing/MMA sites that paid pretty decently. Easy shit too, like the best way to train on a heavy bag, speed bag, etc...

Just have a few samples of your writing and it should be pretty easy to get some work, especially if you're doing it for fun and not charging an insane rate. I showed them two samples from the shit I did for Fighthype back in the day and I was good to go.
11-06-2017, 10:46 PM
Thanks guys... i have a pretty decent following on social media that follow and share alot of the quick boxing posts i make... even if they know nothing of the sport.. alot of them seem to think i should write and i always did extremely well writing in school back in the day.

See, i spelled everything correctly just for fun.. lol
11-08-2017, 03:07 PM
You can also think about trying out one of these fine writing assistance programs in the other threads. Seems serendipitous that you want to write, and they show up, no?

Big Grin

- Gabrielle Calvocoressi

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)