Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

The NEW Beer Thread
10-14-2011, 12:16 AM
The NEW Beer Thread
I picked up a six of Victory Headwaters Pale Ale.

This shit is pretty good. In fact it is sooo good, that it helped me setup this message board for my friends! It's a lot lighter than Hopdevil and other Victory brews that I've tried, but it is full of flavor...and hits the spot on a hot day.

I also got it for $6.59 at Sweetbay because they mislabeled the shelf...lol...oh Sweetbay, you'll never learn to stop hiring HS kids to stock your shelves.

Drinks

"And you got your own steez about you that I appreciate bro. I see it." - Snoop
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-14-2011, 03:44 AM
The NEW Beer Thread
Does anyone here drink cider?

it really is true that in England they serve warm beer. When I was living there a while back i got really sick of the warm freaken beer but being a massive piss head I wanted to drink something.

Then someone told me about 'snakebites' which are half lager, half cider and a slug of blackcurrent.

Eventually I just gave up on the beer altogether and drank cider. Thankfully in NZ cider is now catching on in a big way and you can get loads of the stuff but in England I used to mainly drink this:

http://static3.wine-searcher.net/images/la...uk-10232326.jpg

However there is an even cheaper cider that I would occasionally hit that was called 'White Lightening' which is cheaper than air and is like getting hit by lightening.

I predict this woman has no recollection of the night she had on the lightening. More powerful than rohypnol gents.

“Shakespeare? I ain’t never hoid of him. He’s not in no ratings. I suppose he’s one of them foreign heavyweights. They’re all lousy. Sure as hell I’ll moider dat bum.”—Tony Galento
Find all posts by this user
10-14-2011, 10:02 AM
The NEW Beer Thread
Oh man Ollie Reed, you came to England and drank that piss? Seriously, haha. I'm pretty surprised at ya mate cos I figured you had a bit more class than that.

Proper alcoholics drinks are them....Strongbow and White Lightening, mainly cos they do the job but they don't cost much.

Warm beer?

Have had that problem but it ain't everywhere. Just the odd pub. Probably worse down south to be honest. Where did you live when you were here?
10-14-2011, 10:32 AM
The NEW Beer Thread
You're referring to Cask Ale...or Real Ale...they serve it up with a Beer Engine rather than a Nitrogen or CO2 system. It's served at room temperature.

Surprisingly, it is more common than you'd expect. In fact, there's an organization designed to bring it back called CAMRA...Campaign for Real Ale.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cask_ale

10-14-2011, 02:31 PM
The NEW Beer Thread
Ennis and Guinn...anyone tried it? God DAMN!

Black
10-14-2011, 02:54 PM
The NEW Beer Thread
blackbelt2003 Wrote:Ennis and Guinn...anyone tried it? God DAMN!

Black
It's only available in NY over here...I'm sad to say I've never actually HAD a cask ale.

10-14-2011, 06:32 PM
The NEW Beer Thread
Maxy Wrote:Oh man Ollie Reed, you came to England and drank that piss? Seriously, haha. I'm pretty surprised at ya mate cos I figured you had a bit more class than that.

Proper alcoholics drinks are them....Strongbow and White Lightening, mainly cos they do the job but they don't cost much.

Warm beer?

Have had that problem but it ain't everywhere. Just the odd pub. Probably worse down south to be honest. Where did you live when you were here?
Mate I have ZERO class, haha. Yep got me I lived in London and for those 7 years I was probably a proper alcoholic.

Interestingly now in NZ cider is being marketed as a proper refined drink, it's becoming very popular and is actually more expensive than beer. Go figure?

“Shakespeare? I ain’t never hoid of him. He’s not in no ratings. I suppose he’s one of them foreign heavyweights. They’re all lousy. Sure as hell I’ll moider dat bum.”—Tony Galento
10-14-2011, 10:59 PM
The NEW Beer Thread
Cider is a guaranteed headache! My neighbor is HOOKED on making Snake Bites...no matter how much I talk about GOOD beer, he'll always try to pressure me into a SB. Strongbow and Woodchuck cider in particular.

Let me put it to you like this...Cider is cool to drink if you're a chick....that's about it.

lol

10-14-2011, 11:25 PM
The NEW Beer Thread
Spyder Wrote:Cider is a guaranteed headache! My neighbor is HOOKED on making Snake Bites...no matter how much I talk about GOOD beer, he'll always try to pressure me into a SB. Strongbow and Woodchuck cider in particular.

Let me put it to you like this...Cider is cool to drink if you're a chick....that's about it.

lol
:o then for you followed by Tongue with a lil :wacko: and ending in drunk

10-14-2011, 11:30 PM
The NEW Beer Thread
I'm just playing...lol...but it is cool if your chick drinks cider.

Any of you guys ever tried Mead?

I know, it sounds like some medieval beverage served in a stein, to accommodate a turkey leg...but it's actually just beer made from honey rather than barley.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)