Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

New Star Wars is shit.
01-20-2018, 04:25 AM
RE: New Star Wars is shit.
I was excited when he won his medal at the olympics. He hasnt done shit in terms of development and he fights shit opposition. He's garbage. He wont even fight Joshua.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-20-2018, 11:55 AM
@Fitz and Viper

Keep watching. First season was good, and the second season had some decent episodes. By seasons 3 and 4, it gets worse with every episode. By the time I got to the last episode of season 4, I was actually angry at how bad it was.

The SJW stuff is bad but not fatal, rather it is just shitty icing on a shitty cake.

The ideas early on in the series were great. Though the stories themselves rarely fired on all cylinders, and the endings usually always sucked. Nevertheless, you could still find a bit of genius here or there in the ideas, even if the execution was poor.

Later on it is just shit ideas with shit execution. The last 2 episodes of season 4 are so bad as to make the entire series irredeemable, in my opinion.

Again, it has little at all to do with the SJW nonsense, except for perhaps that the SJWism may have trumped ideas and execution. No. The real weakness was just how badly the series went off the rails compared to what it started out as.

It began as a criticism of the way we use technology, how technology is effecting us, and provided a fable-esque story of the dangers of these changes.

By the end it is just science fantasy, not science fiction. It has no root in the real world anymore. It offers no compelling look at anything, except the deranged minds of a group of writers who are fresh out of ideas.

The fact that every single relationship is interracial or gay or both, that every white male is villainous, that every female is a hero, all that stuff in and of itself is laughable, but could still be pardonable if the ideas were good and the stories were told well. They just weren't. Not by the end.

Though I must say the episode (from season 3, I think) about the boy being blackmailed by strangers after they filmed him jacking off through his own PC camera was brilliant from start to finish.

That episode encapsulates what Black Mirror was supposed to be when done right. Unfortunately, it's about the only example of an episode done right.

The series it is most often compared to (the original Twilight Zone) is so much better that it is depressing to think about. Black Mirror compared to the Twilight Zone shows just how terrible Black Mirror really is. There is nothing in Black Mirror to rival anything found in the Twilight Zone.

If the Twiligt Zone and Star Trek the original series had drunken sex one night, and Star Trek conceived for 40 years and got high on Meth during the entire pregnancy, and then sent their kids through the American education system and got a master's in gender studies, that kid would be named Black Mirror.

Warriors Don't Show Their Heart Until The Axe Reveals It.
01-20-2018, 06:21 PM (This post was last modified: 01-20-2018 06:31 PM by blackbelt2003.)
Warlord, I completely get you on Black Mirror. That show could have been some epic level shit. The story lines, the subject matter, the twists and plot levels are all pointing towards big wins...but then it all just adds up to one big SJW love fest.

It kind of reminds me of the modern Predator movies. Everything about the original kicked ass. Most of the attraction was seeing major league 80’s tough guys with muscles and moustaches and everything masculine meeting their match against something even more bad ass than themselves.

Fast forwards to Predator: SJW Millennial Version Circa 2000 something and it’s ridiculous sequels/off shoots/tie ins and apparently skinny chicks weighing 120lbs can kick both a 200lb man’s AND a Predator’s ass. Y’know...because it’s fair.

Maybe in the futuristic setting many of the Black Mirror episodes purport to represent every third guy is Black and Harvard educated and every other person is a disabled Asian lesbian who identifies as [insert cliche here] but it reeks to me of political correctness. And that’s the same bullshit that turns me off from any modern TV that ain’t Sunny in Philadelphia.

Black
01-20-2018, 10:15 PM (This post was last modified: 01-20-2018 10:18 PM by ViperSniper.)
(01-20-2018 11:55 AM)Warlord Wrote:  @Fitz and Viper

Keep watching. First season was good, and the second season had some decent episodes. By seasons 3 and 4, it gets worse with every episode. By the time I got to the last episode of season 4, I was actually angry at how bad it was.

The SJW stuff is bad but not fatal, rather it is just shitty icing on a shitty cake.

The ideas early on in the series were great. Though the stories themselves rarely fired on all cylinders, and the endings usually always sucked. Nevertheless, you could still find a bit of genius here or there in the ideas, even if the execution was poor.

Later on it is just shit ideas with shit execution. The last 2 episodes of season 4 are so bad as to make the entire series irredeemable, in my opinion.

Again, it has little at all to do with the SJW nonsense, except for perhaps that the SJWism may have trumped ideas and execution. No. The real weakness was just how badly the series went off the rails compared to what it started out as.

It began as a criticism of the way we use technology, how technology is effecting us, and provided a fable-esque story of the dangers of these changes.

By the end it is just science fantasy, not science fiction. It has no root in the real world anymore. It offers no compelling look at anything, except the deranged minds of a group of writers who are fresh out of ideas.

The fact that every single relationship is interracial or gay or both, that every white male is villainous, that every female is a hero, all that stuff in and of itself is laughable, but could still be pardonable if the ideas were good and the stories were told well. They just weren't. Not by the end.

Though I must say the episode (from season 3, I think) about the boy being blackmailed by strangers after they filmed him jacking off through his own PC camera was brilliant from start to finish.

That episode encapsulates what Black Mirror was supposed to be when done right. Unfortunately, it's about the only example of an episode done right.

The series it is most often compared to (the original Twilight Zone) is so much better that it is depressing to think about. Black Mirror compared to the Twilight Zone shows just how terrible Black Mirror really is. There is nothing in Black Mirror to rival anything found in the Twilight Zone.

If the Twiligt Zone and Star Trek the original series had drunken sex one night, and Star Trek conceived for 40 years and got high on Meth during the entire pregnancy, and then sent their kids through the American education system and got a master's in gender studies, that kid would be named Black Mirror.

Man..that is actually the very first episode I watched from Black Mirror..Shut Up & Dance! LMAO! That was an amazing episode with the cast, plots, twists, music, camera angles, lighting, sounds..they were able to capture the mood and severity of what was happening. Even when the kid is on his bike rushing away from work, the camera work and music was awsome. The petrol station scene was sick too. Apparently there is some list of the 10 best Black Mirror episodes which this episode didn't make.

I also saw the Christmas episode, another with some guy that is taking DNA from people at his work. I haven't seen any episodes from the 1st two seasons..so in reality I have ALOT of catching up to do, seeing just 4 episodes in total.
01-21-2018, 06:12 AM
I've only watched the first 3 episodes and I have been a fan of it.
I'll wait and see though as the seasons progress. But everyone else that I have spoken to have said the show is awesome.
And a lot of you guys here often think everything these days suck lol
So it will be a wait and see. So far I have been impressed with the first 3 episodes.
01-28-2018, 08:07 PM (This post was last modified: 01-28-2018 08:19 PM by Imperius3.)
(01-03-2018 02:12 AM)BGv4.0 Wrote:  I know people take issues with the prequels and I feel all those that knit picked that shit to the degree they did....kind of deserve this shit....because you know it played a role in Lucas selling it off....would you want to devote ten more years of your life to fans that complained about everything you had given them in the last trilogy? But...what's done is done.

I don't think he sold Lucasfilm because of criticism or a dying legacy. Wasn't he offered 4 fucking billion dollars? You don't think Fox gave him offers then or in the past? What was the inital offer, a billion or two? He shook Disney down real good.
01-29-2018, 04:14 PM
(01-21-2018 06:12 AM)Fitz Wrote:  I've only watched the first 3 episodes and I have been a fan of it.
I'll wait and see though as the seasons progress. But everyone else that I have spoken to have said the show is awesome.
And a lot of you guys here often think everything these days suck lol
So it will be a wait and see. So far I have been impressed with the first 3 episodes.

WTF? We've got fans of Deontay Wilder on this forum. That directly and definitively disproves what you just said. Case closed. Over. Done.

As for me thinking Black Mirror sucked, I think I explained it pretty well. I don't expect everyone to agree. TV is the best it's ever been now in many respects. TV far exceeds Hollywood when it comes to story-telling. I just don't think Black Mirror lived up to its potential. It started out good and went to shit. That doesn't make it any different than most any other show.

The Walking Dead is shit now too. What can you do.

01-29-2018, 11:13 PM
(01-29-2018 04:14 PM)Warlord Wrote:  WTF? We've got fans of Deontay Wilder on this forum. That directly and definitively disproves what you just said. Case closed. Over. Done.

As for me thinking Black Mirror sucked, I think I explained it pretty well. I don't expect everyone to agree. TV is the best it's ever been now in many respects. TV far exceeds Hollywood when it comes to story-telling. I just don't think Black Mirror lived up to its potential. It started out good and went to shit. That doesn't make it any different than most any other show.

The Walking Dead is shit now too. What can you do.

Not enough of them!

01-30-2018, 09:21 AM
(01-29-2018 11:13 PM)ViperSniper Wrote:  Not enough of them!

Just so we're clear, this was supposed to be a flattering picture of Wilder. Correct?

01-31-2018, 01:39 AM (This post was last modified: 01-31-2018 01:41 AM by ViperSniper.)
(01-30-2018 09:21 AM)Warlord Wrote:  Just so we're clear, this was supposed to be a flattering picture of Wilder. Correct?

No. But is this one flattering of the champ?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Star Wars: Rogue One Snoop 38 27,689 06-10-2016 07:55 PM
Last Post: Spyder
  New Star Wars Official Trailer boxingcritic 127 69,072 01-21-2016 12:35 PM
Last Post: lloyd mayflower
  Mark Hamill looking pretty bad-ass for Star Wars Episode VII Warlord 38 30,976 08-23-2014 11:03 AM
Last Post: Decagon

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)