Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Poll: Who wins @ 130-135?
Manny Pacqiuao
Floyd Mayweather
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Floyd Mayweather vs Manny Pacqiuao @ 130-135
01-02-2018, 03:48 AM
RE: Floyd Mayweather vs Manny Pacqiuao @ 130-135
Yeah, he really smashed up Castillo x 2 and Victoriano Sosa, who barely made it to the final bell. Plus his two stoppages, against DeMarcus Corley and Phillip Ndou, were against guys who just never got stopped. Ever.

(Sarcasm alert...sorry T Bear)

Black
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-02-2018, 05:50 AM (This post was last modified: 01-02-2018 08:08 AM by ViperSniper.)
(12-31-2017 09:37 PM)and the NEW Wrote:  I don't think you want to try to back Pac up to beat him. Pac's angles are ONLY used when he has an opponent coming to him. Marquez showed the blueprint to beat Pac. Mayweather is longer (and uses that length) and much sharper. I think Mayweather wins young just like he did when they were both old, but younger they both end up a lot more busted up.

With that said, Mayweather is also a bigger guy naturally than Pac (particularly his length), probably by a couple of divisions.

Obviously you don't want to be going straight at Pac as you do need angles and boxing ability to beat him but also need more than that. Every fighter that has beaten Pac or given him trouble has been able to back him up one way or another. Morales, Marquez, Bradley & even Horn were able to back Pac up.

If you can't back Pac up then good chance you were getting run over with the speed, power and high workrate.

If anyone laid the blueprint it was Morales who needed just the first fight to get the job done..not 4 times. Also big difference with Marquez & Mayweather other than Mayweather being longer and sharper, they're very different fighters.
Marquez wasn't afraid to throw with his opponents and fight which is how he was able to tag and finally find a KO in his 4th attempt.

I feel Mayweather would have the skills but not the will n dog to do what was needed, to not get overworked or outpointed by fire trunk Pac.
01-02-2018, 12:53 PM
Everyone comparing Floyd to JMM isn’t looking at it correctly.

JMM handled Pac by punching when he did and having a greater variety of punches than Floyd. Floyd never had the balls to punch when Pac did.
01-02-2018, 02:55 PM
Floyd rarely punches when his opponent does, which is why he’s always struggled more with high volume fighters.

Prime Pac would have darted in and out with bursts of punches non stop all night. Floyd would have let him finish his little flurry and then thrown a counter...but Pac would already have been back out of range again and ready to start the next little assault.

This would have gone on all night until Floyd switched up game plans and went forwards, like he did when Zab was frustrating him. This is when prime Pac would have started laying hurt on him.

I’m not saying it’s a one way street, seeing as Floyd is a master strategist and mid fight tactician...but prime Pac was all wrong for Floyd, stylistically and attribute-wise.

Black
01-02-2018, 03:31 PM
(01-02-2018 02:55 PM)blackbelt2003 Wrote:  Floyd rarely punches when his opponent does, which is why he’s always struggled more with high volume fighters.

Prime Pac would have darted in and out with bursts of punches non stop all night. Floyd would have let him finish his little flurry and then thrown a counter...but Pac would already have been back out of range again and ready to start the next little assault.

This would have gone on all night until Floyd switched up game plans and went forwards, like he did when Zab was frustrating him. This is when prime Pac would have started laying hurt on him.

I’m not saying it’s a one way street, seeing as Floyd is a master strategist and mid fight tactician...but prime Pac was all wrong for Floyd, stylistically and attribute-wise.

Black

I feel that this is the Pac that fought Oscar you are describing and that is the Pac I wanted to fight Floyd because I think he would have beaten him exactly as you describe.
01-03-2018, 05:34 AM
The DLH that Pac fought would have lost to a double end bag.
01-03-2018, 05:42 AM
Double end bag>De La Zombie
01-03-2018, 01:43 PM
Yeah but the pace at which Pac was in and out/side to side was frightening that night.
01-03-2018, 04:39 PM
He did the same to Margarito to be fair...it’s just that Margarito was so big compared to him.

Black
01-04-2018, 01:24 AM
I think Floyd would have won. He could make it a boring 12 round fight and get a safe decision. Pac just had the potential to challenge him. I do give Pac a mental edge though, Floyd really didnt want to fight him. Showtime made him take the fight. That says a lot about someone that's supposed to be about their money to leave a fight like that on the table. Pac just didn't have it in him anymore and they were both fine with having an exhibition fight.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Who has a better chin: Mayweather or Pacqiuao? ViperSniper 16 941 02-17-2020 07:26 PM
Last Post: Dickagon
  Mayweather/Pacqiuao against todays Welters ViperSniper 2 386 10-11-2019 01:47 AM
Last Post: lloyd mayflower
  Manny Pacqiuao-Adrien Broner set for Jan 19th! ViperSniper 53 5,297 02-12-2019 06:49 PM
Last Post: Dickagon

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)