Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

GGG - Canelo 2, May 5th
02-06-2018, 05:57 AM
RE: GGG - Canelo 2, May 5th
I agree to an extent...but I think we all agree the way GGG beats Canelo is big pressure and not giving him a moment to breathe.

My point is that he can’t necessarily do that from the beginning because it would mean walking into big shots from Canelo. Instead he has to time his pressure for later in the fight when Canelo slows down because his stamina is shit.

Which, of course, means we get a similar pattern to the first fight. Canelo starts sharp, GGG comes on later.

Black
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-06-2018, 12:40 PM
GGG is a stalker, not a brawler.

He likes to engage and is willing to deal with some fire to do so...but he's not an efficient Margarito - he cares what is coming back at him. Starting faster will certainly help, as will getting to the body, but GGG is not willing to sacrifice winning rounds with counter opportunities to do so.

He will gradually break Canelo down, win a bunch of rounds in the middle, and try to close the show a bit better.

GGG by decision.
02-06-2018, 01:59 PM
I agree completely with JD, who has succinctly and eloquently phrased what I was trying to say.

Same fight as last time, with GGG on points on the scorecards.

Black
02-07-2018, 08:29 PM
I think he should go for a stoppage. Work him with a jab until Canelo starts to slow down then put a lot of pressure on his body. Once his arms get heavy beat the ginger off of him

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)