Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

GGG - Canelo 2, May 5th
01-30-2018, 09:29 AM
RE: GGG - Canelo 2, May 5th
(01-30-2018 09:21 AM)Fitz Wrote:  Which fight has GGG needed to make an adjustment in a fight prior to the Canelo one?

He doesn't need to make an adjustment now (other than maybe getting off to a faster start.) We just need better judging.

What adjustments can Canelo make? Is he going to shake his head "no" more after he gets hit?

Warriors Don't Show Their Heart Until The Axe Reveals It.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-30-2018, 09:58 AM
(01-30-2018 09:29 AM)Warlord Wrote:  He doesn't need to make an adjustment now (other than maybe getting off to a faster start.) We just need better judging.

What adjustments can Canelo make? Is he going to shake his head "no" more after he gets hit?

Yep...though I do worry Canelo will hold more this time around as a means to avoid having to expend energy. If he does, I do hope we get a ref that doesn't allow it.

In the end, if refs enforced the rules with regularity, and judges employed the basic principles of scoring with consistency - the sport would be far healthier.
01-30-2018, 02:58 PM
GGG just needs more body work this fight... slow Canelo down, hurt his already suspect stamina, and make me more susceptible to cleaner head shots.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-30-2018, 09:23 PM
GGG can fight the same fight and win. If Canelo tries to keep a faster pace, he will just gas earlier.

GGG decision.
01-30-2018, 10:55 PM
GGG needs to start faster, and he needs to throw more body shots. I believe he will make these adjustments, and he will win a clear decision.
02-01-2018, 12:17 PM
It’s all very well saying GGG can start faster...but that means eating more Canelo shots on the way in.

All being said and done...this fight will play out the same as the first, but after the outcry I think Golovkin will get the decision this time to set up a rubber match down the line.

Black
02-02-2018, 09:39 PM
GGG will be fine as long as he remembers to work the body.
02-05-2018, 04:13 AM
I dont think taking Canelo's shots are that much of a problem for Golovkin. Canelo has only stopped Kirkland and Khan recently from what I can remember, neither one of them is a real statement for a mw. A lot of fighters have taken his punches pretty well. I think most fighters just rarely try to make a statement at this point. They can get paid the same to go 12 as they can to stop someone and a decision will have less risks.
02-05-2018, 04:30 AM
If taking Canelo’s shots weren’t a problem, it wouldn’t have taken GGG so long to become aggressive.

GGG, for all his toughness and bravado, doesn’t take needless shots off big punchers. He’ll stalk forwards relentlessly against a Willie Monroe or Dominic Wade, but put him in with a Lemieux or Canelo and he takes his time and avoids big shots.

Not a problem with that - it’s sensible, but it does mean he can’t go all guns blazing in the early rounds vs Canelo.

Black
02-05-2018, 11:06 AM
I don't think many people like getting hit whether its big punches or not, fighters that eat a lot of unnecessary shots have bad technique. Golovkin is an accomplished amateur and one of the better mws post Hopkins.

He boxed with Canelo. Golovkin was and still is overrated, he could never have beat Ward or top level smws. But he isnt so good that Canelo is like fighting a mid level jmw. He's got to try against Canelo and that means patience.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)