Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Spence-Peterson
04-02-2018, 02:20 AM
RE: Spence-Peterson
Yeah it is getting to that point for Thurman. Not sure why he only had the one fight early last year but it can't be good for a young champion.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-02-2018, 05:15 AM
One time Thurman....
04-02-2018, 06:33 AM (This post was last modified: 04-02-2018 06:40 AM by and the NEW.)
(04-01-2018 11:01 PM)ViperSniper Wrote:  For me it's Thurman who is the top dog at Welter as Spence Jr hadn't fought Thurman's level yet & Crawford hasn't done anything at 147. However, Spence Jr & Crawford are definitely more talented than Thurman

I'm not sure Viper. I think Spence has a better win than Thurman already. Brook is better than any opponent Thurman has beat, and Spence broke him down and stopped him, whilst Thurman eeked out wins against lesser competition in both Porter and Garcia. The rest of Thurman's wins are second rate, in the league of Algieri and Peterson, who Spence demolished with ease.
04-02-2018, 07:36 AM
(04-02-2018 06:33 AM)and the NEW Wrote:  I'm not sure Viper. I think Spence has a better win than Thurman already. Brook is better than any opponent Thurman has beat, and Spence broke him down and stopped him, whilst Thurman eeked out wins against lesser competition in both Porter and Garcia. The rest of Thurman's wins are second rate, in the league of Algieri and Peterson, who Spence demolished with ease.

Spence Jr has beaten decent fighters but none seem to be fresh. Brooke, Algieri & Peterson had either seen their best days or recently coming off gruelling losses. Spence was the bigger, fresher man in all those fights and was expected to win, despite those being step up fights for him.

Thurman is the much more proven fighter at Welterweight and has been champ for longer. Although he has also fought fighters who has seen their best days but that was when he was coming up. Thurman has fought against more legitimate, top fighters than Spence Jr. having Quintana, Karass, Guerrero, Collazo, Porter & Garcia on his resume.
04-02-2018, 09:01 AM
Thurman is established as the no.1 of the division, but I think Spence is (or at least will be) the better fighter.

Black
04-02-2018, 03:52 PM
Thurman got into a car wrecc then got married, went on a honeymoon, then went under surgery.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-02-2018, 09:40 PM
^^^ Thinking of JD IMO
04-03-2018, 04:08 AM
What if JD is Thurman?
04-03-2018, 06:06 AM
Keithception
04-03-2018, 09:53 AM
(04-02-2018 07:36 AM)ViperSniper Wrote:  Spence Jr has beaten decent fighters but none seem to be fresh. Brooke, Algieri & Peterson had either seen their best days or recently coming off gruelling losses. Spence was the bigger, fresher man in all those fights and was expected to win, despite those being step up fights for him.

Thurman is the much more proven fighter at Welterweight and has been champ for longer. Although he has also fought fighters who has seen their best days but that was when he was coming up. Thurman has fought against more legitimate, top fighters than Spence Jr. having Quintana, Karass, Guerrero, Collazo, Porter & Garcia on his resume.

Thurman has def fought more legitimate top guys, but Spence would ruin all those guys. A fight with Garcia wouldn't even be close. Fair point on Brook coming off a tough loss, and sucking down to 147lbs didn't help either. But Spence was the outsider in that fight, I remember, because I bet heavy on him.

Based on opposition and how they have looked against that opposition, I have to give the nod to Spence, but I take your points. Time will tell, because these guys are on a collision course.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)