Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Cobra Kai, bitches! The Karate Kid returns.
05-29-2018, 10:19 PM
RE: Cobra Kai, bitches! The Karate Kid returns.
Just watched episode 2... The cheese ramped up just a touch!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-29-2018, 10:43 PM (This post was last modified: 05-29-2018 10:49 PM by Warlord.)
Did it? I don't remember it ramping up especially in episode 2. As a child of the 80's, I may be immune to 80's cheese. I still get chills when Daniel is getting ready to do the Crane Kick in the Karate Kid with that epic score kicking in and Miyagi giving him the nod.

Anyway, keep watching. It's good. It's better if you've seen KK a million times like I did as a kid and notice all the little nods to the original.

In fact, I just have to post that scene here:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WCenGKkj3Y...fullscreen

Between this and Rocky, John Avildsen must be one of the most underappreciated directors of all time. I feel sorry for all these pussy kids today who'll never have the kind of childhood we did. These fags are growing up with fucking Twilight and Jayden Smith. Fucking pussy ass faggots.

Dead bodies lay stretched all over. The queen was hewn in pieces. Etzel and Dietrich began to weep. They wailed piteously for kinsmen and vassals. Mickle valour lay there slain.

The end of the king's hightide was woe, even as, at the last, all joy turneth to sorrow.

I know not what fell after. Christian and heathen, wife, man, and maid, were seen weeping and mourning for their friends.

I WILL TELL YOU NO MORE. LET THE DEAD LIE. HOWEVER IT FARED AFTER WITH THE HUNS, MY TALE IS ENDED. THIS IS THE FALL OF THE NIBELUNGS.
05-29-2018, 11:00 PM
Show was awesome, and it did have some cheese but it was good cheese, not cringe worthy. But while watching it, I legitimately feel that they wanted some subtle cheese and it was done deliberately. Like when Larusso spin kicks the drink out of the car dealers hands, lol.
While being modern they did a great job by making it feel 80s. It still had an 80s feel when watching it, even the asian guys fat side kick looked like the typical 80s bully.
05-29-2018, 11:01 PM
(05-29-2018 10:43 PM)Warlord Wrote:  Did it? I don't remember it ramping up especially in episode 2. As a child of the 80's, I may be immune to 80's cheese. I still get chills when Daniel is getting ready to do the Crane Kick in the Karate Kid with that epic score kicking in and Miyagi giving him the nod.

Anyway, keep watching. It's good. It's better if you've seen KK a million times like I did as a kid and notice all the little nods to the original.

In fact, I just have to post that scene here:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WCenGKkj3Y...fullscreen

Between this and Rocky, John Avildsen must be one of the most underappreciated directors of all time. I feel sorry for all these pussy kids today who'll never have the kind of childhood we did. These fags are growing up with fucking Twilight and Jayden Smith. Fucking pussy ass faggots.

Maybe it's Macchios acting but there did seem to be some cheese, although some of it was clearly deliberate to paint Daniels life as a falsely perfect existence before shit kicks off with Johnny
05-30-2018, 06:42 AM
No, no. It's all about balance. That's the theme of the show. Daniel is out of balance to one end, and Johnny the other. There is no wasted scenery in this show. Every scene is setting something up that will pay off later.

Dead bodies lay stretched all over. The queen was hewn in pieces. Etzel and Dietrich began to weep. They wailed piteously for kinsmen and vassals. Mickle valour lay there slain.

The end of the king's hightide was woe, even as, at the last, all joy turneth to sorrow.

I know not what fell after. Christian and heathen, wife, man, and maid, were seen weeping and mourning for their friends.

I WILL TELL YOU NO MORE. LET THE DEAD LIE. HOWEVER IT FARED AFTER WITH THE HUNS, MY TALE IS ENDED. THIS IS THE FALL OF THE NIBELUNGS.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)