Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Anthony Joshua going to the UFC?
03-24-2018, 02:55 AM (This post was last modified: 03-24-2018 02:56 AM by ViperSniper.)
Anthony Joshua going to the UFC?
Just seen the apparent talks on the UFC offering Anthony Joshua over $500 million dollars for a multi fight deal as they're trying to branch more into boxing.

This would be huge if this is being negotiated between the two and is serious money AJ would be earning.

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/www.spor...al/sn-amp/

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-24-2018, 06:40 AM
RE: Anthony Joshua going to the UFC?
Not to the UFC. Zuffa wants to get into boxing promotion as well. Joshua would still box. That's what I've been hearing, anyway.

Warriors Don't Show Their Heart Until The Axe Reveals It.
03-24-2018, 08:05 AM
They tasted the fruit with mac vs Floyd and realized the money in boxing dwarfs mma

"Weapons are forged by being pushed beyond their limits eventually breaking what they currently are to be molded into the killing machines they will soon become" -TeddyBear- remember that shit[/i][/b][/font]
03-24-2018, 05:27 PM
Well, the UFC was recently purchased by WME, who have their hands in a lot of different things, not just sports. It's not that the UFC want to get into boxing, it's their parent company looking to expand.

Dana White was never interested in cross promoting. When the Fertitta brothers owned it, they listened to Dana. Now Dana actually has bosses and shareholders telling him what to do. It's a different ballgame. The fighters are certainly interested in "boxing money", for WME it's all about expansion. Boxing's just one more spoke on the wheel.

EDIT: Additionally, there is tons of money to be made in MMA. The problem is that the UFC has a near-monopoly on the sport, and the money being made goes into the pockets of the owners and promoters, while the fighters get peanuts for the most part.

With boxing, no such monopoly exists. Boxing is beautifully capatilistic, where top fighters with name recognition are free to pick and choose who they fight, when, where, and for how much.

The UFC's authoritarian approach leaves fighters with few options, and thus little to no bargaining power.

Finally, outside of a few fighters at the top, there is not much money to be made in boxing at all, which is why most professional fighters also have full-time jobs.

03-25-2018, 04:23 AM
I had no idea how multi this deal would be. $500 million for 10 fights, which works out to $50 million per bout which could take some years to complete. I just wanna see the Wilder fight while both are undefeated champions!
03-25-2018, 06:10 AM
I see What you're saying War but I've seen some of the pays over the Years on UFC ppvs and the fact that a sad record journeyman like myself makes more than some of these mma guys on TV should tell you something.

"Weapons are forged by being pushed beyond their limits eventually breaking what they currently are to be molded into the killing machines they will soon become" -TeddyBear- remember that shit[/i][/b][/font]
03-25-2018, 06:56 AM
(03-25-2018 06:10 AM)TheTeddyBear Wrote:  I see What you're saying War but I've seen some of the pays over the Years on UFC ppvs and the fact that a sad record journeyman like myself makes more than some of these mma guys on TV should tell you something.

It tells me a lot. Mostly it reaffirms what I alluded to earlier, which is that capitalism is the greatest, freest, fairest system on Earth. When you get authoritarians monopolizing business, an even greater wealth gap is created, with even more money and power finding its way into the pockets of those at the top.

This is something UFC fighters have been complaining about for years. Not that there isn't enough money, but that hardly any of that money every makes it to the fighters.

And good on you, Teddy. I wish you well. I really respect what you do. You're a real fighter.

03-25-2018, 12:28 PM
The UFC doesnt really pay that well. But when you think about how much money top level boxers pay out they get fucked pretty hard too

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Anthony Joshua VS Oleksandr Usyk Mean Mister Mustard 38 4,620 10-14-2021 10:49 AM
Last Post: Imperius3
  Anthony Joshua-Wladamir Klitschko sign for April 29th in London. ViperSniper 113 45,947 07-18-2019 08:40 AM
Last Post: lloyd mayflower

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)