Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Poll: Who wins on their best night?
Pernell Whitiker
Floyd Mayweather
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Pernell Whitiker-Floyd Mayweather
03-24-2018, 09:36 AM
Pernell Whitiker-Floyd Mayweather
Who wins between Pernell Whitiker-Floyd Mayweather on their best nights from 135, 140 & 147?

Does either 3 fights look differently or have different outcomes from eachother?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-24-2018, 05:02 PM (This post was last modified: 03-24-2018 05:02 PM by JONdaCON.)
RE: Pernell Whitiker-Floyd Mayweather
I took Floyd.. i LOVE Sweet Pea and def would be rooting for him but Floyd has better defense, better countering off his defense, has slightly better Pop then Sweet P and is overall a better well rounded fighter.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-24-2018, 05:05 PM
135 hard to say. 140 and 147 I've got to give it to Whitaker.
03-25-2018, 03:34 AM
Mayweather may have had tighter defense, hiding behind that shell but I feel Whitiker was alot more of a difficult target.

Mayweather would have the edge in power but Whitiker has displayed a better chin throughout their career who has a bigger punch selection and was more offensive.

Whitiker edges Mayweather in reflexes and footwork, who was able to use more of the ring and was much more elusive in the process.

If Zab could give Floyd hassles for 4 then Whitiker could do his own good work, who was also a southpaw with skills & speed to outmatch Floyd's.

Floyd's best shot would be at Welter.
03-25-2018, 05:35 PM
Whitaker at 135, Floyd at 147. 140 is a pick ‘em.

Floyd was fast as shit at 135 but didn’t have any real experience to cope with someone like Pernell. He did have that experience at dealing with world level hall of famers at 47 and Pernell also lost half a step when he moved up.

Black
03-25-2018, 06:04 PM
I agree Blk... '35 Favors Sweet Pea.. id think '40 would too.. Floyds best chance was '47.
03-26-2018, 12:17 AM
Whitaker fought better opponents at 147. I think 135 is Floyd's best chance due to his talent and aggression at the weight.
03-26-2018, 02:43 PM
See and i think although Floyd was more aggressive, his defense wasnt that great and he wasnt as ring savvy as he was at 47..
03-26-2018, 02:54 PM
I think he developed as a fighter over the years, maybe his peak was Mosley. Very methodical and efficient. Just hard to say how good he really was due to the timing of certain fights. I guess im a little biased towards Whitaker due to his opposition.
03-30-2018, 10:45 PM
Floyd would take em. Sweet Pea had a lucky style head movement happy defense and often baited guys into letting their hands go and just went slip happy. Floyd is too smart and wouldn't take the bait and would probably let P initiate most exchanges but use his own defense and counter punching ability to win those exchanges.

"Weapons are forged by being pushed beyond their limits eventually breaking what they currently are to be molded into the killing machines they will soon become" -TeddyBear- remember that shit[/i][/b][/font]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  RIP Pernell Whitaker JD 12 920 07-15-2019 11:22 PM
Last Post: Warlord
  FLOYD MAYWEATHER SR: "LIL FLOYD WILL RUN PACQUIAO OUT O Method 14 10,875 12-15-2011 02:40 PM
Last Post: Dickagon

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)