Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Spence-Peterson
04-03-2018, 11:25 AM (This post was last modified: 04-03-2018 11:28 AM by ViperSniper.)
RE: Spence-Peterson
(04-03-2018 09:53 AM)and the NEW Wrote:  Thurman has def fought more legitimate top guys, but Spence would ruin all those guys. A fight with Garcia wouldn't even be close. Fair point on Brook coming off a tough loss, and sucking down to 147lbs didn't help either. But Spence was the outsider in that fight, I remember, because I bet heavy on him.

Based on opposition and how they have looked against that opposition, I have to give the nod to Spence, but I take your points. Time will tell, because these guys are on a collision course.

Whether Spence Jr beats Thurman's competition or who has looked better doesn't determine who the top welterweight is.

I feel in this instance you have to go by how long both have held the title & competition fought between the two, considering neither is linear. Keith Thurman is definitely the top dog over Spence Jr in that case.

Time will tell and feel it will tell us that Spence Jr will be top dog if he fights Thurman in the future.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-05-2018, 09:20 AM (This post was last modified: 04-05-2018 09:21 AM by and the NEW.)
RE: Spence-Peterson
I disagree. A fighters best win, and how a fighter looks against a number of litmus test fighters (Peterson or Garcia), tells me far more than longevity. I think Spence is above Thurman in both departments and this evidence will play out when they fight.

I'm looking forward to it, but probably not until 2019 at this rate for Thurman.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)