Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Poll: Who wins?
Pavlik by KO/stoppage
Pavlik by decision
Golovkin by KO/stoppage
Golovkin by decision
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Pavlik-Golovkin
04-06-2018, 12:36 PM
Pavlik-Golovkin
Who wins between these two on their best night? Pavlik has never been stopped, had big power and applied that pressure.

Who do you favour in this matchup?

Inspired by Teddy
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-06-2018, 12:48 PM
RE: Pavlik-Golovkin
Yes! Kelly had great power and an incredible resolve, his chin has been touched and cracked but not many times. He was incredibly long for a middleweight too and could use his length great.

Gennady has power and a very sneaky distance based defense but has proven to have trouble with lengthy boxers (ala Jacobs) but managed. I think the heat Pavlik could bring would be something new and you can bet your ass for the first time G would be back pedaling all night.

"Weapons are forged by being pushed beyond their limits eventually breaking what they currently are to be molded into the killing machines they will soon become" -TeddyBear- remember that shit[/i][/b][/font]
04-06-2018, 04:54 PM
Pavlik. Dude was too long for big mexican show.
04-06-2018, 06:16 PM
We've seen Pavlik dropped and bloodied. No doubt in my mind that GGG would do the same to him, only better.

I'll take GGG by stoppage.
04-06-2018, 08:17 PM
Tough call. KP has a style that would have troubled GGG big time, but he couldn’t counter punch for shit.

Pavlik up early, GGG gets to the body and starts pressing middle rounds.
04-07-2018, 02:16 AM (This post was last modified: 04-13-2018 06:14 AM by ViperSniper.)
Pavlik had the frame, power, workrate & straight punches down the middle! Pavlik only knew how to fight in one gear and direction..so he wouldn't backdown or have any fear here.

Pavlik would find the mark & also mark GGG good hear. I would expect to see Pavlik land and effect GGG like no one has..not Jacobs..or Canelo!

However!! Pavlik was 1D, straight up & down who was easy to find! Pavlik wouldn't be able to avoid shots landing..even if he wanted to. His only defense is if he were to increase his offense and unless he stops GGG doing so, he will only eat more heavier shots. GGG is a verry efficient fighter who doesn't really burn too much energy in the ring.

I think this comes down to who is the more durable and fit!
I expect GGG to get busted up here & Pavlik bloodied up.
Pavlik would get the better of Golovkin in the first 4-5 rounds, while GGG snaps around that point and slowly steamrolls over Pavlik, gets him on queer street and gets the KO by around the 10th. Gimmie GGG here.
04-07-2018, 08:36 PM
When has golovkin dominated a Pavlik level mw? Motherfucker would be laying dudes out and cracking beers open in the ring like stone cold in this era.
04-07-2018, 10:36 PM
Sergio Martinez said in his documentary that Pavlik is the hardest puncher he ever faced, saying he could feel the punches in his bones and that it took every bit of concentration he had not to fold up.

"Weapons are forged by being pushed beyond their limits eventually breaking what they currently are to be molded into the killing machines they will soon become" -TeddyBear- remember that shit[/i][/b][/font]
04-07-2018, 11:15 PM (This post was last modified: 04-07-2018 11:18 PM by Fitz.)
And when has Pavlik dominated a GGG level middleweight Gravy?
You talking about the greats like Miranda and Bronco McKart? lol

His best win is Jermain Taylor and wasn't a domination, neither fight was. He put an exclamation in the first fight but he was getting dominated and hurt until his power turned the fight.
Taylor wasn't even the same fighter after Hopkins with his fights with Spinks, Ouma and Wright. Drew with Winky and some say he got lucky cards against the small Spinks and Ouma.

Pavlik was never that good.

That's right Teddy, Pavlik probably was the hardest puncher he faced. Though never got to taste GGG's as he didn't want a bar of him at all and avoided him.
04-07-2018, 11:24 PM
Teddy, What Documentary was that?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)