Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Lara-Hurd
04-08-2018, 01:42 AM
RE: Lara-Hurd
Wow... what a FUCCING FIGHT..

Hurd wins by SD, barely squeaking it out by dropping Lara in the 12th.

I thought Lara won 114-113 along with one of the judges and Farhood. But damn, what a scrap!

Lara actually stood toe to toe and stayed in the poccet for alot of the fight. FOTY candidate for sure.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2018, 02:24 AM
Fuck!!
Find all posts by this user
04-08-2018, 05:40 PM
There NEEDS to be a rematch. I never thought id say that about a Lara fight but damn, these guys in the ring together made for a great fight.
04-09-2018, 03:41 AM
AWEsome fight. Lara looked sharp as hell for two rounds, but then Hurd’s retard strength and fitness cane into play and it became a war of attrition. Fair play to Lara for gritting it out and trading as it made for a classic.

Hurd pulled it out of the bag with that final round knockdown and proved he is the real deal. Bring on a rematch or Charlo!

Black
04-09-2018, 04:00 AM
The Charlos are the smaller more exciting version of the Klitschko brothers neither is going anywhere soon.

"Weapons are forged by being pushed beyond their limits eventually breaking what they currently are to be molded into the killing machines they will soon become" -TeddyBear- remember that shit[/i][/b][/font]
04-09-2018, 06:45 AM (This post was last modified: 04-09-2018 06:47 AM by and the NEW.)
This was a hard one to score. Generally, Lara landed the cleaner shots, but Hurd landed a lot more.

Angulo showed that if you just walk Lara down and cut off the ring a little, he stands and trades. He doesn't have Rigo footwork and he has no inside D except to hold his hands high and tight. So he has no choice and his legs are probably too old to run for 12 rounds these days.

I thought Hurd pulled off the win. I had him up by 3, ahead by 1 going into the 12th. Hurd is absolute garbage as far as boxing skill though, he is just big, awkward, fit, strong, and a solid puncher, all physical traits that seem to be working for him.

Not sure about a fight with Charlo. Charlo is definitely improving and continues to surprise me, but none of the 154lbers stand out as great to me. It's a competitive division with a few solid guys. I reckon Spence beats all of them if he ever decides to move up.
04-09-2018, 09:24 AM
Yeah I think Hurd pulled it off, too.

None of the 154 Champs fully stand out from the rest, so the best thing to do is see them all fight. Charlo was ringside to see Lara-Hurd so hopefully he is interested in them.

Black
04-09-2018, 03:07 PM
I actually thought Lara had some success on the inside... would you guys be down for a rematch?

I think Charlo might have too much power for Hurd.

Hurds game plan is ridiculous.. its like he tires his opponents out by standing in front of them with no D, eating punches for the first 6 rounds, waiting till they tire, then turning it up a notch towards the end of the fight.

I can see Charlo KOing him inside 6...
04-10-2018, 09:31 AM (This post was last modified: 04-11-2018 12:05 AM by and the NEW.)
I would be down to see a rematch. I would like to see any of Hurd, Charlo and Lara fight eachother, and throw Brook into the mix.

Not sure where Andrade has gone, sounds like he is campaigning at 160 now.
04-11-2018, 03:54 AM
A four man tournament between Hurd, Charlo, Lara and Ali would be great. Brook to rebuild and face the winner of it.

I actually think Hurd will come out on top. There’s something about Charlo that I’m not completely sold on....

Black

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)