Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

If the welterweight dust was to clear...
04-17-2018, 01:36 PM (This post was last modified: 04-17-2018 01:37 PM by blackbelt2003.)
If the welterweight dust was to clear...
Thurman is MIA at the moment, but let’s pretend he isn’t and that Pac deals with Matthyse as expected, plus Crawford doing the same with Horn.

Let’s also pretend that Thurman, Pac, Crawford and Spence are the semi finalists in a Super Series tourney.

Who wins?

My (probably unpopular) choice would be Thurman to use his athleticism and size to nick decisions...although I couldn’t truly discount Spence or even Crawford despite his obvious size deficiency.

Black
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-17-2018, 01:38 PM
RE: If the welterweight dust was to clear...
I like Thurman too despite his inactivity. I hope that elbow is ready to go!
04-17-2018, 01:55 PM
Spence.

Pac was special but he’s old now. That leaves Spence who is the only prime fighter in the group who I think can be special when it’s all said and done.
04-17-2018, 02:52 PM
I can find a reason for Thurman, Spence and Crawford all to win - and also an outside reason why they wouldn’t.

Pac, at his absolute best, is easily in the mix to win. At his recent best (ie the Bradley rematch or the Rios whitewash) is a slight outsider. The Pac of the Horn fight stands no chance.

Black
04-17-2018, 06:58 PM
Swap Pac for DSG. Manny is just too old, he's a really good fighter but no longer elite imo.

"Weapons are forged by being pushed beyond their limits eventually breaking what they currently are to be molded into the killing machines they will soon become" -TeddyBear- remember that shit[/i][/b][/font]
04-17-2018, 07:14 PM
I think Pac has been washed up since his loss to Marquez. That fight changed him.
04-17-2018, 09:15 PM
I agree. Super Marquez ruined him much like Forrest ruined Mosley.

DSG is the most average pile of crap. He’s shit and doesn’t belong in any big tournaments. Neither does garbage Shaun Porter.
04-18-2018, 01:58 AM
DSG has a great resume for being average, say what you want but he finds a way to win constantly. He does nothing spectacular but does nothing bad either. He gave Thurman all he wanted. I think Thurman is done honestly two wars back to back and a stretch of inactivity for injuries is not a good combination. I think Tbud is moving up too fast I hate seeing these amazing talents over build their bodies to chase the big money. Lomachenko is doing the same thing wish bud would've stayed lighter and waited for that fight! Spence is a monster but has been starting to show cracks here recently.

"Weapons are forged by being pushed beyond their limits eventually breaking what they currently are to be molded into the killing machines they will soon become" -TeddyBear- remember that shit[/i][/b][/font]
04-18-2018, 04:04 AM
How about if we put Khan in? Could he legitimately be a threat to any of the guys with his speed?

Black
04-18-2018, 06:07 AM
Khan would be a major threat. Then he would get punched.

DSG won’t beat any of the guys mentioned, so I don’t want to see him there with his eyes closed Sunday punch bullshit.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)