Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

How would a prime John Ruiz go in todays heavyweight division?
04-24-2018, 07:51 AM
How would a prime John Ruiz go in todays heavyweight division?

How do you think he goes with this crop?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-24-2018, 08:40 AM
RE: How would a prime John Ruiz go in todays heavyweight division?
WTF is a prime John Ruiz?
04-24-2018, 09:45 AM (This post was last modified: 04-24-2018 09:45 AM by blackbelt2003.)
If he’d ever fought Klitschko the two would have to have their torso’s surgically removed from each other after twelve rounds.

Black
04-24-2018, 11:08 AM (This post was last modified: 04-24-2018 12:28 PM by ViperSniper.)
(04-24-2018 09:45 AM)blackbelt2003 Wrote:  If he’d ever fought Klitschko the two would have to have their torso’s surgically removed from each other after twelve rounds.

Black

I always felt that fights between the Klitschko brothers & John Ruiz would have been very interesting to watch. No doubt it's not the most thrilling match ups but interesting most definitely..

Ruiz would have made the Klitschko's work and given them something to overcome due to his awkward tough style & rough house tactics in the ring & brought alot of fighting experience!

In regards to how John Ruiz goes in the Heavyweight division of today in 2018 I say he certainly holds one of the 4 belts.

I think the best fight you could get out of Ruiz today would be against Luis King Kong Ortiz! That would be a decent scrap between the two.

I feel Ruiz beats Tyson Fury, Anthony Joshua, Andy Ruiz, Stiverne, Miller but Wilder would be the most dangerous opponent for Ruiz out of the current crop.

I was quite surprised to watch & enjoy this John Ruiz highlight vid lol..Makes me wanna watch the trilogy he had with Holyfield, just to see how it looked lol
04-24-2018, 11:33 AM
Ruiz would rule today's division.

Warriors Don't Show Their Heart Until The Axe Reveals It.
04-24-2018, 05:06 PM
Ruiz got a bad rep.

He was an on and off Champ for several years who was never scared to take on anybody in the division. His run of fights from Holy I through to Haye at the end is a remarkable run of tough bouts and he won as many as he lost.

He also got a bad rep for being boring, but whilst some of his fights were messy mauls, some were genuinely fun. The second Holyfield fight, for instance, or the Kirk Johnson win or the Golota match were all good fun.

I’m not sure he’d beat Joshua, but he’d certainly be in with a chance to outhustle Wilder for twelve and would probably be a favourite to beat every other active heavyweight right now.

Black
04-24-2018, 05:38 PM
Ruiz got a bum rap because he was straight cockandballs.
04-25-2018, 12:22 AM
I would pay good money to see Ruiz v Povetkin. That would be a great fight. Ruiz was a very boring personality that's why he got a bad rep I liked watching him. I'm not sure how he would handle the giants of today though he was relatively small.

"Weapons are forged by being pushed beyond their limits eventually breaking what they currently are to be molded into the killing machines they will soon become" -TeddyBear- remember that shit[/i][/b][/font]
04-25-2018, 01:17 AM
JD, who do you think wins between the Quiet Man and the Bronze Bomber? Do you the Quiet Man silences him?
04-25-2018, 03:33 AM
Aesthetically he was cockandballs but he did a lot of good work in that ring. He had a clever defence, good power and excellent fitness. He did hold a lot and that annoyed a lot of fans - but he was more than just a jab and grab guy.

Black

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Mayweather/Pacqiuao against todays Welters ViperSniper 2 386 10-11-2019 01:47 AM
Last Post: lloyd mayflower
  Don King vs Dana White (prime vs prime) and the NEW 2 1,336 12-18-2017 06:17 PM
Last Post: the ollie reed fan club
  Should the heavyweight division be decided in 2? TheFonz 20 14,191 11-20-2014 11:16 PM
Last Post: Decagon

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)