Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Poll: Who wins @ 175?
Tarver by KO/stoppage
Tarver by decision
Calzaghe by KO/stoppage
Calzaghe by decision
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Antonio Tarver-Joe Calzaghe @ 175
04-27-2018, 11:01 AM (This post was last modified: 04-27-2018 11:55 PM by ViperSniper.)
RE: Antonio Tarver-Joe Calzaghe @ 175
Point being Tarver was competing against tougher competition in his career than Joe who was always criticized for the opposite. Not to mention Tarver fought better versions of the only two fighters Calzaghe had fought at 175 against Hopkins & Jones.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-27-2018, 11:08 AM
Anyone can compete.
04-27-2018, 11:11 AM
Yes, Mayweather fighting Conor McGregor really proved that
04-27-2018, 11:17 AM
Exactly. Doesn’t mean you’ll win.
04-27-2018, 02:11 PM
I just see Joe getting starched when Tarver punches with him. No diff than what happened to Roy. Thats it.
04-28-2018, 06:05 AM
I'd take Tarver, too big for Calzaghe. At 175 Calzaghe was dropped hard by a shit and shot RJJ and a had a close (controversial to some, though not me) to an older Hopkins and was also hurt in the first round.
Calzaghe won't hurt Tarver, but will just lay hands on him and would land more on Tarver than Tarver will land on him.
The difference will be that Tarver will punch when he punches and the effectiveness of Tarver's shots will outweigh the volume of Calzaghe.
Tarver stops him or drops him at the minimum and will bank rounds on heavier and more effective shots.
04-29-2018, 10:23 AM
Bottom line is I think Hopkins beat Calzaghe, and I am pretty confident that Hopkins and Roy both beat Calzaghe in their primes, and so I believe it would be no diff w Tarver. Just a styles thing.
04-30-2018, 01:50 AM
That's it. It's a style thing here. Antonio Tarver is bigger than Joe, Hopkins & Jones. Both Hopkins & shot Jones manage to drop Joe good and feel Tarver had the size, power, frame to be able to connect a shot that dumps Joe to the canvas. Tarver has enough composure, power, experience, size & counterpunching ability to get through Calzaghe's very leaky defence with 12 rounds.
04-30-2018, 06:33 AM
When you say leaky D, I think you’re referencing an older Calzaghe early in the fight. I thought the question was prime versus prime.

I agree Tarver could drop him early with a flash KD, but this Tarver power I’m hearing about isn’t something I’ve seen. It’s much easier to time a guy throwing one punch at a time then a guy throwing in bunches.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)