Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Loma -VS- Linares
05-12-2018, 10:16 PM
RE: Loma -VS- Linares
Per Mannix

The judges had this fight dead even pre-stoppage, per Top Rank official in the ring. 86-84 Loma, 86-84 Linares, 85-85.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-12-2018, 10:33 PM
Damn, wish i didnt miss this one!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-12-2018, 10:50 PM
I didn’t see it as even. Loma was up a few points I thought.
05-12-2018, 11:20 PM
So Loma got dropped in this fight?!?
05-13-2018, 06:33 AM
Yeah. He got over confident standing in front of Linares.
05-13-2018, 06:58 PM
I had Linares one point up at the time of the stoppage (although Loma was winning the round and about to even the cards before that body shot).

A case of Loma winning his rounds big, Linares nicking his rounds - although Linares had a big advantage in power punches on the punch stats.

Good fight, Loma was pushed in there and definitely looked out of his weight category. I don’t want him to stay at lightweight as I think some of them will push him around.

I’d rather see a prime Loma look incredible in mismatches than a pumped up in weight Loma pushed hard by much bigger guys.

Black
05-13-2018, 08:55 PM
I'd rather see Loma back at 126-130, but I imagine he'll stay at 135 or continue bumping up quickly. While taking on bigger guys is admirable, I'd prefer to see him stay in one place long enough to defend his title for an extended period of time. The bumping up too fast thing is going to damage his longevity IMO.
05-13-2018, 09:00 PM
Loma beats Mikey Garcia. He does so very convincingly in my view...it’s an easier fight for him than Linares.
05-13-2018, 11:24 PM (This post was last modified: 05-13-2018 11:25 PM by TheTeddyBear.)
He'll stay at 135 and have the 30s and 40s come to him. There're def some money fights to be had at 135 for him. Easter Jr I would like to see next, start unifying the division.

"Weapons are forged by being pushed beyond their limits eventually breaking what they currently are to be molded into the killing machines they will soon become" -TeddyBear- remember that shit[/i][/b][/font]
05-14-2018, 10:06 AM
I didn't like the stoppage. Linares was in pain, but he still beat the count. The ref should've done more before stopping the fight. He didn't ask him if he was okay, and he didn't grab his gloves and tell him to step forward. The ref didn't do any of that, and Linares deserved a chance to continue.

I had it 5-4 Loma, or 85-85 with the knockdown. I gave Linares rounds 1, 6, 7, and 9. Of course, Loma got the 10th, and I don't know if Linares was going to survive the next two rounds. That was indeed a killer body shot, but I still would've liked to have seen what could've happened.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)