Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

President Trump Pardons Jack Johnson
05-25-2018, 07:25 PM (This post was last modified: 05-25-2018 07:27 PM by Method.)
RE: President Trump Pardons Jack Johnson
(05-25-2018 12:44 AM)lloyd mayflower Wrote:  That's going to fucking annoy me now...

Just like Obama getting handed Osama Bin Laden's scalp to claim on his watch bothers me...but not really...but sorta...but not really...but sorta.

Quck Edit: Pls dont jump on me WarLord. I want none of you and politics or nothing. Just being a little bit of a smart ass cotnrarian here. Have no affinity for Trump. Its was all Sly.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-25-2018, 08:11 PM
I wasnt saying the politics of this or it being Trump annoys me, I am pissed off at racking my brain for what the last story was re Johnson because I was convinced he had already had his pardon
05-25-2018, 08:32 PM
(05-25-2018 07:25 PM)Method Wrote:  Just like Obama getting handed Osama Bin Laden's scalp to claim on his watch bothers me...but not really...but sorta...but not really...but sorta.

Quck Edit: Pls dont jump on me WarLord. I want none of you and politics or nothing. Just being a little bit of a smart ass cotnrarian here. Have no affinity for Trump. Its was all Sly.

No worries, man. And you're right. As surreal as it sounds, Sly really was the driving force behind it. What an amazing time to live in. Sly Stallone meeting the president to talk about a 100-year-old pardon for a dead boxer, and Dennis Rodman has been the most effective American ambassador to North Korea in American history. Epic.

Warriors Don't Show Their Heart Until The Axe Reveals It.
05-25-2018, 09:07 PM
Dennis Rodman..... The things that man has been up to since being a basketball player. The mind truly boggles sometimes.
05-26-2018, 12:42 AM
(05-25-2018 08:11 PM)lloyd mayflower Wrote:  I wasnt saying the politics of this or it being Trump annoys me, I am pissed off at racking my brain for what the last story was re Johnson because I was convinced he had already had his pardon

I know bud. I saw your clarification after I posted.
05-26-2018, 12:34 PM
I did some research on this pardon and the case against Jack Johnson. It's not what I thought it was, and Johnson might have been guilty af.

I thought he was convicted for being in a relationship with a white woman, but that's not quite what happened. He was convicted for transporting a prostitute across state lines. The woman testified against him saying that Johnson was her pimp and that he was basically trafficking her across state lines. She also testified that he routinely beat her.

I really hope that he was innocent and that it was all bullshit. But if all that is true, then I can understand why previous administrations were hesitant to pardon him.
05-28-2018, 07:06 PM
(05-25-2018 08:32 PM)Warlord Wrote:  No worries, man. And you're right. As surreal as it sounds, Sly really was the driving force behind it. What an amazing time to live in. Sly Stallone meeting the president to talk about a 100-year-old pardon for a dead boxer, and Dennis Rodman has been the most effective American ambassador to North Korea in American history. Epic.

it was Sly and if you watch the video Trump was sure to give all credit to Sly and also a little bit to Lennox as well. Sly has been trying to get this done for ages, amazing that it took Literally Hitler taking up residence at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue before this got done.

As for Rodman, here is a trailer for a documentary about his Nth Korea trip you can watch online. I'm half tempted to buy it, looks nuts:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5CC1UK0r8U

“Shakespeare? I ain’t never hoid of him. He’s not in no ratings. I suppose he’s one of them foreign heavyweights. They’re all lousy. Sure as hell I’ll moider dat bum.”—Tony Galento

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)