Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Garcia vs Porter
09-09-2018, 12:47 AM
RE: Garcia vs Porter
Could have gone either way, Garcia landed heavier and cleaner shots and won the first 3 rounds and Porter worked his way in the fight. Both fighters are shit, but hate Garcia so happy he got the loss.
Spence came in to challenge Porter and they both agreed and want the fight. Sounds like that will be the fight to take place next year.

By the way, Geovanta Davis or whatever his name is....what's the deal with him. He looked like a little fat kid.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-09-2018, 02:08 AM
Porter was busier but Garcia landed the better shots. Porter threw 300 more but landed like 20 more punches.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-09-2018, 02:42 AM
Porter beat Garcia like I always expected him to but didn't expect him to get the verdict like he did here. Porter earned and deserved this victory by just outworking Garcia. It was a pro Garcia crowd so alot of Porter's work wasn't acknowledged as much nor was his work downstairs noticed as much as it should have!

This was a good fight. Not a war or epic fight but it was a high action with splashes of excitement throughout. They both came to fight and win!

I've always been a fan of Porter and with this fight his stock has gone up even more. People can call him whatever but the guy is good! He doesn't have much form & his gameplan doesn't have much structure but the guy knows what he is doing in there. But the dude is just an physical freak like a Mosley (who did alot of work with Porter for this fight) & a Bradley. He is not only a very physical, raw fighter but this fight showed he also has a solid jab, solid lateral movement, can counter & is a verry good body puncher! This fight had many body shots from both but Porter ate Garcia to the body big time which I bet many of those didn't register on the compubox numbers. I gave this to Porter something like 116-112.

Porter has the argument of being the real man of the division. Forget Spence & Crawford who haven't done much compared..Porter-Thurman II need to happen which Crawford can take honours of retiring Pacquiao & Spence can feast on Danny Garcia!
09-09-2018, 11:01 AM
You always liked these style fighters Viper.

Imagine a prime Porter vs Bradley...

That match up just made JDs head explode.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-09-2018, 12:25 PM
Porter against anyone makes my head explode.
09-09-2018, 03:05 PM
https://youtu.be/8G0Q0P77wEo

"Weapons are forged by being pushed beyond their limits eventually breaking what they currently are to be molded into the killing machines they will soon become" -TeddyBear- remember that shit[/i][/b][/font]
09-09-2018, 05:36 PM
Lots of close fights this year. I scored it a draw, and this might be the fourth draw I've scored this year. I plan on watching this again under closer examination, and I'll come back with a very precise round-by-round scorecard.
09-09-2018, 05:43 PM
I had Porter by a round.

His style looks garbage...but he makes it work. He's a hard man to beat and has natural athleticism and long arms.

He will be a good test for Spence although I expect Spence to come through ok.

Black
09-09-2018, 05:43 PM
That Davis kid is built like a bulldog. Porter was the busier fighter but it's close
09-15-2018, 01:59 AM (This post was last modified: 09-15-2018 06:59 AM by ViperSniper.)
(09-09-2018 11:01 AM)JONdaCON Wrote:  You always liked these style fighters Viper.

Imagine a prime Porter vs Bradley...

That match up just made JDs head explode.

Hahaha I guess! Fighters like Bradley & Porter is what keeps the sport going. I'm a big fan of both these guys..not so much for their style or skills, but more so for their attitude. They take their career seriously, fight everyone, fight hard all the time. They don't have pretty styles but don't find them boring either. They are just hard working, honest fighters. Something the sport lacks.

These days too many modern fighters don't try, don't show up, play it safe, don't take risks and do what they can to not lose..and not everything to win!

There is no point in being highly skilled or some elite fighter if you're going to overthink, overwait & throw fuck all because you're not trying enough.

Too many lame n tame fights and fighters today..I'm not expecting wars every fight or for every fight to be entertaining or for a fighter to go for the KO or even throw x amount of punches. I do however expect to see the two boxers in the ring to do everything they can to win, regardless of their style or skill level they have.

At the end of the day this is a sport & like any sport you want to see the competition go for the victory.

Too many fighters over think or over strategies boxing and expect everything to be calculated and to fall into place or try be something they are not.

Bradley, Porter aren't fake fighters or posers. They know their limits, focus on their strengths, don't wait for nothing and make things happen in the ring by just going for it.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Spence tells Garcia to wait...wants Porter rematch JD 7 591 10-02-2019 06:53 AM
Last Post: blackbelt2003

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)