Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

DAZN offers Wilder ~$100 mill for 3 fights
03-20-2019, 04:46 PM
RE: DAZN offers Wilder ~$100 mill for 3 fights
The problem Wilder has it that his market value is significantly less than AJ’s.

I’m not saying it’s fair, but it’s reality.

AJ sells out in giant stadiums against no-hopers, while doing terrific numbers in the UK. Wilder doesn’t sell out smaller arenas against legit opponents like Ortiz. I believe the Fury fight sold well ticket wise (correct me if I’m wrong), but that was a fraction of what Tyson would do in the UK against Joshua.

Again, none of this has anything to do with their ability, because frankly the more I see them, the more I think they both suck...it’s just a matter of what the market says they’re each worth.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-20-2019, 05:50 PM
I've grown to like Wilder since the Fury fight. He's a great talker. But JD is right, he ain't got an entire country behind him like AJ.

He's fighting Brazeale on regular Showtime. If he can't get AJ or Fury, he's not a $20MM fighter, much less a $100MM guy. The more he fights other small fish the less negotiating power he'll have with AJ.
03-20-2019, 06:49 PM (This post was last modified: 03-20-2019 06:54 PM by JONdaCON.)
You think if Wilder wasnt from and in the UK he wouldn't do similar numbers? Sure AJ sells out stadiums and a ton of PPVs but not in the US. Which is where the big money is. Not to mention, gates and PPVs dont make as much in the UK. They probably pull about the same in terms of revenue. 350k ppvs at $75 is about $24mill, plus another $20mill at the gate...

I agree in terms of Market Value but when it comes to Superfights, those values change.

AJ cant make $200mill fighting anyone else but Wilder. The fact is BOTH GUYS need each other for their biggest paydays.

And we don't know what their values are anymore. Wilders stocc has exponentially grown, while AJs is arguably on the decline. Idk if the UK folk will continue to come out and support AJ vs Any Bum after seeing Wilder and Fury go at it. .. they dont seem too crazy about the prospects of Miller and Whyte.

Showtime is supposedly giving him something similar to the DAZN deal.. Wilder is in a bidding war that is increasing his value..

Remember when we laughed at him for turning down $12.5Mill? And Hearn would tell us he isnt Worth that. Then it became 15mill and we criticized him for not taking it? People called him a ducc after ESPN offered him $50mill for Fury.. now ppl blast him for turning down a $100mill and $120mill offer from DAZN.. do you guys see a pattern here? Fact is DW, Haymon and Comp have bet on Wilder to continue winning and continuing to raise his value, and it's worked out for him well so far.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-20-2019, 07:54 PM
I think if Wilder was from the UK and with Eddie Hearn he would sell like Joshua does and make as much as he does...but he’s not.
03-20-2019, 08:29 PM
AJ has the same fans that Hatton and Calzaghe had, except he's a HW. Good to be the one British boxing superstar at any given time - you get every boxing fan in an entire country.

Mega paydays don't always happen. Lopez-Gamboa comes to mind.

Wilder needs to lock down $50MM after tax dollars with the stroke of a pen that commits him to no more than 2 years of fights.

Chris Rock said that the music business was "here today, gone TODAY!" That could easily be the fate of a 220 pound HW superstar.
03-20-2019, 10:24 PM
It's a gamble... always is. But if he would've signed last year he would've made 12.5mill... now he's at 40. I think his Management knows what they're doing... but as I stated, they're gambling a bit.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-20-2019, 11:25 PM
I think Al won’t let Wilder go to DAZN.

He’s going to find ways to pay him. In truth, the best thing that happened to Wilder financially is DAZN.
03-21-2019, 10:37 AM
Most fighters from the UK that dominate a money division are going to sell a lot and have a huge following. If Wilder was from the UK i think they'd pick the most marketable dude between him and AJ to push. Maybe a big domestic fight after they build it up.

I'd rather watch the lower divisions. There's too much bullshit the higher up you go. ggg and canelo were divas and hw is turning into a business too. The smaller guys are jumping around a little more and trying to make fights to get to the ppv level or to set up big fights.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)