Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Wilder - Fury for November in Negotiations
07-30-2018, 08:51 AM
Wilder - Fury for November in Negotiations
Man, if Wilder can snag this fight, it will be a huge for him.

Fury looked utterly putrid in his return fight - this would pay him well, and get him a nice name in front of a big crowd.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-30-2018, 10:27 AM
RE: Wilder - Fury for November in Negotiations
There's just too much incredibly easy money for Joshua/Fury at Wembley for me to believe that Hearn would allow Wilder/Fury to fuck it up.

And it's impossible for me to believe that anyone in Fury's camp believes he has a remote chance against either Wilder or Joshua.

This has to be some kind of negotiating point for Fury to get a bigger slice of Joshua/Fury, which I'm sure he'll get - and I would assume it'll happen before Joshua-Wilder.

Just one more reason for Wilder to hate Hearn.
07-30-2018, 10:37 AM
The thing is, Fury is with Warren...the likelihood is that he can get a nice cash-out fight that will be him close to $20 million to fight Wilder.

Hearn has no control over Fury, so unless he steps in and offer Fury a monster payday against Joshua that will occur this calendar year, there is nothing he can do. Fury can go get sparked by Wilder, return against a cruiserweight, and then fight Joshua for another monster payday...if he loses to Joshua, the Wilder fight loses the bulk of its appeal.
07-30-2018, 10:48 AM
I don't know anything about the promotional issues, but I do know that Fury is done as a contender and that Fury/Joshua does much bigger business than Fury/Wilder. And whoever gets Fury first is going to end him as a big event type of fighter, thus ruining an easy mega payday for the odd man out.

Even if Hearn gave Fury 55% of a mega gross, Joshua wins because he gets a huge payday himself for zero risk.

I don't believe Wilder/Fury generates enough as an event to compete with what Hearn can offer Fury.

We'll see. Obviously I'd love to see Wilder/Fury in November just to speed up the Joshua/Wilder fight.
07-30-2018, 11:03 AM
Oh I agree that Joshua - Fury is exponentially larger, but the UK fan base will buy it even if Fury loses to Wilder.

The same can’t be said if the fights are reversed. There is also the risk of him falling of the wagon when Wilder puts him to sleep.
07-30-2018, 11:12 AM
I don't know why anyone would buy a Fury fight today unless they just wanted to see him get hurt. So maybe I'm wrong in thinking that Fury's marketability will vanish after a savage beating and ko loss to either guy.

Also I would think Hearn would love to see Joshua get the brutal ko himself instead of giving it to Wilder, which will only jack up Wilder's demands for a Joshua fight.
07-30-2018, 11:17 AM
At this point, Hearn doesn't care. Joshua is getting paid no matter what...he made better than $20 million to fight Takam, something like $25 million to fight Parker, and I saw somewhere he will make better than $30 million for the Povetkin fight.
07-30-2018, 11:40 AM (This post was last modified: 07-30-2018 11:50 AM by salvador.)
There's no where else Joshua can make that much money with that little risk.

And there aren't really any other marquee opponents for Joshua after Wilder and Povetkin, so why would Hearn even contemplate losing all that risk-free money?

Not to mention that Joshua's brand would benefit from having an exciting hyped up event where he gets an easy and violent ko.
07-30-2018, 11:51 AM
Oh no doubt, it is Joshua’s biggest payday...but it’s not like he’s struggling for big money fights.

When you’re already making better than $20 mill for guys like Takam, they can put anyone in there with you for big money. Miller, Whyte rematch, Usyk, Bellew...all would make Joshua between $20 and $30 mill per fight.
07-30-2018, 12:05 PM
We'll see.

I personally wouldn't even allow Fury to fight again, even if it doubled his net worth, if I was his manager/trainer/doctor/ or family member. He gained and lost over 100 pounds after the Wlad fight and he had cocaine and emotional issues. When you are as massive as Fury, that's heart attack territory and there's no way he's ever going to be able to recover physically, much less mentally.

All that said, unless Fury was to miraculously beat Wilder, a Joshua/Fury fight will never get bigger than it is right now and Fury's people have to know it. And if Fury's people are going to cash out on him, the choice is obvious.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Fury - Wilder 3 blackbelt2003 104 4,649 10-18-2021 05:16 PM
Last Post: blackbelt2003
  Fury - Wilder III 7/24 Done JD 34 2,562 07-15-2021 02:09 PM
Last Post: blackbelt2003
  Comparing Fury-Klitschko/Fury-Wilder II ViperSniper 12 997 03-10-2020 12:49 AM
Last Post: ViperSniper

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)