Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Khabid v McGregor
10-12-2018, 04:23 PM
RE: Khabid v McGregor
(10-12-2018 12:07 PM)JONdaCON Wrote:  Connor got a 6 month suspension (which isnt shit when you fight once or twice a year) and 5 days of community service and anger management classes for the bus incident... which isnt shit. He hurt lots of innocent people too.

Then they used it as promo to help sell the fight.

Thats what Khabib is pissed the most about... they basically gave CM a slap on the wrist and now wanna fire people and make Khabib out to be some terrible POS person. In Khabibs own words, he didnt start this, simply finished it.

When Connor does these type things they present it as "oh that's just Connor, he's a crazy Irishman who sells fights"... when Khabib does it ONCE he's some Muslim Terrorist from Russia... its a double standard, clear as day.

I'm sorry, but this just isn't accurate. This is the kind of stuff you hear from the media and part time, casual fans who don't follow the sport closely.

Dana didn't punish Conor for the bus incident, nor will he punish Khabib for this latest incident. When Conor threw his "bus tantrum" in the Barclay Center in New York (as a result of Khabib and his entourage slapping one of McGregor's teammates previously), it was the state of New York and the police Conor had to deal with, not Dana White and the UFC. Conor getting a plea deal, a reduced fine, and community service with no time served, again, has zero to do with Dana White or the UFC.

Khabib's current troubles, likewise, have zero to do with the UFC. The UFC isn't withholding Khabib's purse or threatening to suspend him, it is the Nevada State Athletic Commission that is withholding his purse, and the Nevada State Athletic Commission who will decide how long he is to be punished.

The only decision Dana White and the UFC have to make is whether to strip Khabib after he gets suspended. And there is no way Khabib or his whiney fans can claim Conor gets preferential treatment there. Conor's been stripped twice of his titles. Jon Jones has been stripped. GSP has been stripped. Daniel Cormier is about to get stripped. The UFC gives no fucks when it comes to stripping champions. You fight, or you get stripped. Doesn't matter what the reason is. They strip you if you can't fight due to injuries, if you get suspended, or if you just sit on the title and refuse to fight. It's all happened, and recently.

The reason why Khabib is going to get it rough is because he pulled his shit at an event sanctioned by the Nevada State Athletic Commission. Conor didn't. Conor's attorneys were able to negotiate and reach a plea deal with the D.A. There's no such thing to be done with the NSAC. But in no way is this somehow Dana or the UFC's fault. It's Khabib's, for throwing a third world temper tantrum in a first world country.

Warriors Don't Show Their Heart Until The Axe Reveals It.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-12-2018, 08:39 PM
I'm fine with the NSAC punishing Khabib, as they should. We can't have fighters jumping out of the cage.

My problem is with the UFC if they decide to punish Khabib and his teammates. It's been said that Dana is going to ban some of Khabib's team, which is bullshit because he didn't do shit to Conor for the bus attack. You can't be biased and play favorites like that just because you know Conor will make you money.
10-12-2018, 09:32 PM
Again, this is why I hate when guys who don't follow the sport regularly start commenting on it like this. It's just as frustrating as listening to casuals when they talk boxing.

None of Conor's teammates were banned from the UFC for the bus incident because they weren't involved. Nor is Dana threatening to ban Khabib for jumping out of the cage. He's banning members of Khabib's team who participated in the brawl outside the cage (and inside). As he should.

Dana has banned lots of fighters (and teammates of fighters) in the past for poor behavior, both in and out of the cage. It's not like Khabib's team is being singled out here.

Conor is not receiving favorable treatment here. He has in the past, many times, but not now. I've heard so many bullshit excuses already, and when one gets disproven, peole just move straight on to the next excuse.

Khabib is white. None of this has anything to do with race. It has nothing to do with religion. It has nothing to do with Conor McGregor receiving special treatment. It has nothing to do with anything except Khabib and his team. I repeat, if Khabib doesn't jump out of the cage, we aren't having this conversation now. If his third world shit eating teammates don't engage in the same sort of third world thuggery, they aren't banned. Period. Now please stop with the fucking histrionics. Khabib isn't a martyr, nor is his team. Khabib isn't being oppressed, nor is his team. There is no wrong to be righted, no social injustice to be protested. Just a group of idiots being treated like a group of idiots.

10-13-2018, 12:12 AM
What im saying is Dana and the UFC SHOULD'VE done something.

I understand that the punishment came from the state..

But it's like the Malice in the Palace.. players got arrested, but the NBA also shelved them and suspended them.

If an NFL player gets caught with weed, yea the police arrest them, right a ticcet, whatever.. but then the NFL suspends them too. The UFC should've set a precedent and done more... not only leave it up to the Police. These guys are rich and can easily bail out of jail or come with a plea deal that amounts to basically nothing.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-13-2018, 02:52 AM
I'm not talking about Conor's teammates, and I'm not talking about race or religion. I'm talking about Conor himself. Why not ban Conor for what he did during the bus attack? He actually injured other fighters, and fights had to be cancelled.

The brawl last week was not nearly as bad. Some punches were thrown, but no one was injured. Banning the fighters is overkill, especially if they have clean history otherwise. I'd be cool with suspensions though.

Also, is Russia still considered a third world country? I thought Russia's development and economy had been doing well the last ten years.
10-13-2018, 06:41 AM
Guys, look at your arguments.

1) Totally unfair. UFC is punishing Khabib. Racism.

Me: He's white. Islam is not a race. The NSAC is punishing him, not the UFC.

2.) Totally unfair. NSAC didn't punish McGregor or his teammates, and let him get away with a slap on the wrist.

Me: Conor was at an unsanctioned event in New York, not Nevada. Nevada has no jurisdiction in New York. Conor got off light because he struck a plea deal.

3.) Before we said it was unfair for the UFC to punish fighters, but now we want to ask why didn't Dana suspend any of Conor's teammates for the bus incident? Totally unfair!

Me: Because none of Conor's teammates were involved.

4.) Well, they (the UFC) should have suspended them (and Conor) anyways, because throwing dolleys at busses is turrible. But if they suspend Khabib or his teammates it's racism even though Khabib is white and Islam is not a race.

Me: ?

P.S. Russia is not third world, but Dagestan is. Unless living in caves is first world.

10-13-2018, 12:49 PM
What we are basically seeing here is the other side of the coin in terms of UFC (unlike boxing, and to its benefit usaully) being a one man band. It gets lauded because White sanctions the fights the fans want to see. One division one belt etc....

However, White is a business guy. Regardless of duristiction he could have punished Conor in some way for the bus thing. Instead, he chose to use it to make and promote a fight between Conor and Khabib. Business took precedence there. Thats just what it is.

Now..... The optics are slightly different and Danas business decision will be made based on that. He might just let the NSAC do the dirty work for him.

As far as apportioning blame goes, no one is to blame for the after fight fun except Khabib. He is the one who jumped over the fence. Danis is and was a dick. Conor is and was a dick. Dana should have cooled it pre fight as it was getting out of hand. All those points stand up on their own merit. All three men individually had a role to play in the circumstances. You dont have to absolve one party in order to blame the other.

But War is absolutely correct that Khabibs actions were his own. Whilst I can understand what he did and why, that doesnt mean I can excuse them. Just like if I punched someone for calling me names in the street. Ultimately there would be a reason why I did it, but not an excuse.
10-13-2018, 07:28 PM
Conor "it's only business"

10-24-2018, 07:54 AM (This post was last modified: 11-01-2018 08:30 AM by michaele.)
(10-13-2018 02:52 AM)Imperius3 Wrote:  I'm not talking about Conor's teammates, and I'm not talking about race or religion. I'm talking about Conor himself. Why not ban Conor for what he did use the male extra during the bus attack? He actually injured other fighters, and fights had to be cancelled.

The brawl last week was not nearly as bad. Some punches were thrown, but no one was injured. Banning the fighters is overkill, especially if they have clean history otherwise. I'd be cool with suspensions though.

Also, is Russia still considered a third world country? I thought Russia's development and economy had been doing well the last ten years.

If they punish Khabib and don't do anything about Conor', I think they prove the double standards. I don't mean to justify what he did but Khabib was provoked.
10-24-2018, 05:02 PM
They who? This has been discussed to death. Read the previous posts.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)