Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Audio books and podcasts
08-03-2018, 10:39 PM
Audio books and podcasts
Firstly a confession, I am aware there used to be a books thread. It did not survive one of my modding purges. Sorry.

I have just purchased a half decent set of headphones. I spend a lot of time away from home and lately have become disinterested in television. So my plan was to get into the world of podcasts and audio books. Primarily to be entertained but also to be educated.

What podcasts do you guys listen to? Does anyone use audiobooks? Which books would you guys recommend I seek out in audio form to further my brain. I am talking a mix of fiction/non-fiction but also classics that everyone should read.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-04-2018, 08:05 PM (This post was last modified: 08-04-2018 08:07 PM by TheTeddyBear.)
RE: Audio books and podcasts
Dude get the Stormlight Archive series on auidobook, it's fiction but there are some many transferable lessons that can be taken from it.

Also check out Roms podcast Apexlive podcast. Very good, covering all genres of life.

http://apexlive.fireside.fm

"Weapons are forged by being pushed beyond their limits eventually breaking what they currently are to be molded into the killing machines they will soon become" -TeddyBear- remember that shit[/i][/b][/font]
08-05-2018, 06:03 AM (This post was last modified: 08-05-2018 09:12 AM by ViperSniper.)
I only got onto podcasts in the past year and have thought about audiobooks which I've done for one book in the past.
Knuckles and Gloves boxing is a must in terms of boxing podcasts. Only downfall is they don't do enough episodes as other boxing ones.
Tough Conversations with Henry Rollins. I'm hoping there is more out from this series as there seems to be no updates since April. Heney Rollins who is just a champ travels around Australia to talk to all sorts of Australians about what tough really means. You could listen to the whole series within an hour and a half and the episodes are roughly 10-15 mins..
Yesterday, 11:31 PM
(08-04-2018 08:05 PM)TheTeddyBear Wrote:  Dude get the Stormlight Archive series on auidobook, it's fiction but there are some many transferable lessons that can be taken from it.

Also check out Roms podcast Apexlive podcast. Very good, covering all genres of life.

http://apexlive.fireside.fm

Appreciate the link up.

Guys, serious, come on and check out the show. That'd be great. Listen. Participate. Thoughts. Comments. Questions. Guest requests. Call/Skype in and be a guest. Send hate mail. Whatever. It's a blast.

It's a show about everything. Don't believe me? Go to the website and check out the highlights page. That'll give you a taste without even listening to a full episode yet.

Every bit of support is appreciated.

"Wlad is fucking an actress, Deontay is probably fucking some bitch he met at Waffle House." -- gravytrain

"We're not racist here. And if any of you niggers, spics, chinks, or honky-tonk white trash motherfuckers disagree, you can fuck right off." -- Warlord

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Today, 01:39 AM
Rom can I download them? I usually listen when out of range.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)