Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Audio books and podcasts
08-03-2018, 10:39 PM
Audio books and podcasts
Firstly a confession, I am aware there used to be a books thread. It did not survive one of my modding purges. Sorry.

I have just purchased a half decent set of headphones. I spend a lot of time away from home and lately have become disinterested in television. So my plan was to get into the world of podcasts and audio books. Primarily to be entertained but also to be educated.

What podcasts do you guys listen to? Does anyone use audiobooks? Which books would you guys recommend I seek out in audio form to further my brain. I am talking a mix of fiction/non-fiction but also classics that everyone should read.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-04-2018, 08:05 PM (This post was last modified: 08-04-2018 08:07 PM by TheTeddyBear.)
RE: Audio books and podcasts
Dude get the Stormlight Archive series on auidobook, it's fiction but there are some many transferable lessons that can be taken from it.

Also check out Roms podcast Apexlive podcast. Very good, covering all genres of life.

http://apexlive.fireside.fm

"Weapons are forged by being pushed beyond their limits eventually breaking what they currently are to be molded into the killing machines they will soon become" -TeddyBear- remember that shit[/i][/b][/font]
08-05-2018, 06:03 AM (This post was last modified: 07-31-2019 11:28 AM by ViperSniper.)
I only got onto podcasts in the past year and have thought about audiobooks which I've done for one book in the past.

Knuckles and Gloves boxing is a must in terms of boxing podcasts. Only downfall is they don't do enough episodes as other boxing ones.

Tough Conversations with Henry Rollins. I'm hoping there is more out from this series as there seems to be no updates since April. Heney Rollins who is just a champ travels around Australia to talk to all sorts of Australians about what tough really means. You could listen to the whole series within an hour and a half and the episodes are roughly 10-15 mins..
08-18-2018, 11:31 PM
(08-04-2018 08:05 PM)TheTeddyBear Wrote:  Dude get the Stormlight Archive series on auidobook, it's fiction but there are some many transferable lessons that can be taken from it.

Also check out Roms podcast Apexlive podcast. Very good, covering all genres of life.

http://apexlive.fireside.fm

Appreciate the link up.

Guys, serious, come on and check out the show. That'd be great. Listen. Participate. Thoughts. Comments. Questions. Guest requests. Call/Skype in and be a guest. Send hate mail. Whatever. It's a blast.

It's a show about everything. Don't believe me? Go to the website and check out the highlights page. That'll give you a taste without even listening to a full episode yet.

Every bit of support is appreciated.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-19-2018, 01:39 AM
Rom can I download them? I usually listen when out of range.
08-19-2018, 01:48 PM
(08-19-2018 01:39 AM)lloyd mayflower Wrote:  Rom can I download them? I usually listen when out of range.

Absolutely you can. On the page for each episode or highlight there is a download link.

BUT.... here is what I always suggest for any remotely serious podcast listener. There's an app called Podcast Addict. It manages all of your podcasts together. You can download episodes to listen offline. You can stream them if you don't. It'll automatically update the feed for every podcast you listen to and it streamlines everything. The descriptions, files, name it. All you have to do is add the RSS feed for whatever podcast you want to follow.

For instance, ours is: http://apexlive.fireside.fm/rss

Once it's in the app, you can download every episode, every highlight, everything. Just hit the arrow to download. The whole thing is very intuitive. I'll answer any questions. If you like podcasts, I seriously wouldn't be without that app. It's outstanding.

Hopefully we'll be available through iTunes and other services within the next month or so. Some personal turmoil in the last ten weeks has kept me from making it happen sooner.
08-19-2018, 03:19 PM
Thanks Rom. I have downloaded podcast addict and subscribed to your channel. Downloaded the TBear episode too for my first listen. Look forward to it when I get a chance to chill out and listen.
08-19-2018, 08:24 PM
(08-19-2018 03:19 PM)lloyd mayflower Wrote:  Thanks Rom. I have downloaded podcast addict and subscribed to your channel. Downloaded the TBear episode too for my first listen. Look forward to it when I get a chance to chill out and listen.

That's outstanding! Really appreciate it, my friend.

There are complete descriptions for every full episode. If we reference pictures or videos or something during the episode, you'll find them in the description (both in the app, or on the website). So you'll have all kinds of stuff, plenty of reference points. We have a blast with it. Be a part of the show. Send us feedback, comments, questions, suggestions, anything. Means a lot to us.

TBear has been on twice. His "On the Spot" interview segment is REALLY good, I think. Got our next OtS segment coming up with another guest in an episode or two. When shows get personal and open book and fun, it makes the experience AND the hosts and guests themselves more personal with the listeners. It makes for a real connection and that's what we like.

Welcome aboard! New episode coming this week, too.
08-28-2018, 02:52 AM
Rom, TBear, finally getting to listen to your episode. I dont know why I am surprised but I am really enjoying it. You both speak really well on it (Steve too) Really interesting stuff. Look forward to getting through more of your stuff as and when I can.

Well done gents.
08-28-2018, 03:32 AM
(08-28-2018 02:52 AM)lloyd mayflower Wrote:  Rom, TBear, finally getting to listen to your episode. I dont know why I am surprised but I am really enjoying it. You both speak really well on it (Steve too) Really interesting stuff. Look forward to getting through more of your stuff as and when I can.

Well done gents.

Pretty sure I was the first one on these boards to listen to their episode lol cool

I will have to find time to get stuck in the other eps!!

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)