Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

What next for Kovalev??
08-07-2018, 06:17 PM
RE: What next for Kovalev??
Prime Hopkins beats Kovalev.

Prime Andre Ward is very similar to the 42+ year old Hopkins, and I wouldn't even say better. But relatively close.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-09-2018, 02:54 PM
Got around to watching this.

Kov kept his hands so low the entire time. He wasn't that hard to hit. And then he got up so fast from those knockdowns.

I don't want to say Kov is done. I had it 3-3 before the stoppage, and the shots he got hit with could've stopped anyone. But the question is, does he really want it anymore? If he does, then he really needs to dedicate himself. Maybe get a new team and try to fix what went wrong. He has a rematch clause. The rematch is the only thing that makes sense because he needs to prove himself. But he better want it before he takes it.

Alvarez looks pretty solid, and he knew how to finish a hurt fighter. He got a big win, and let's see if he can do it again against a motivated Kovalev.
08-09-2018, 05:28 PM (This post was last modified: 08-09-2018 05:29 PM by blackbelt2003.)
Kovalev is 2-3-0 in his last five fights.

If a guy isn't hungry two fights after losing the two biggest bouts of his career, he ain't never going to be. He's done.

A half hearted comeback followed by another KO loss to Bivol or someone is to follow...

Black
08-09-2018, 08:12 PM
(08-09-2018 05:28 PM)blackbelt2003 Wrote:  Kovalev is 2-3-0 in his last five fights.

If a guy isn't hungry two fights after losing the two biggest bouts of his career, he ain't never going to be. He's done.

A half hearted comeback followed by another KO loss to Bivol or someone is to follow...

Black

I don't know if it's a Boxing maxim or just something i heard somewhere in an interview but I've always loved the following idea:

When a boxer starts saying things like "I want to retire after 2 or 3 more fights", it's time for that boxer to retire.
08-09-2018, 08:36 PM
(08-09-2018 02:54 PM)Imperius3 Wrote:  Got around to watching this.

Kov kept his hands so low the entire time. He wasn't that hard to hit. And then he got up so fast from those knockdowns.

I don't want to say Kov is done. I had it 3-3 before the stoppage, and the shots he got hit with could've stopped anyone. But the question is, does he really want it anymore? If he does, then he really needs to dedicate himself. Maybe get a new team and try to fix what went wrong. He has a rematch clause. The rematch is the only thing that makes sense because he needs to prove himself. But he better want it before he takes it.

Alvarez looks pretty solid, and he knew how to finish a hurt fighter. He got a big win, and let's see if he can do it again against a motivated Kovalev.

I also noticed this! He seemed almost embarrassed when his ass planted the canvas!

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)