Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

What next for Kovalev??
08-04-2018, 11:53 PM
What next for Kovalev??
Just read Sergey Kovalev was just KO'd in the 7th round by the undefeated Alvarez!! shok

Anyone see the fight?? How good is Alvarez??
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-05-2018, 01:15 AM (This post was last modified: 08-05-2018 01:15 AM by JONdaCON.)
RE: What next for Kovalev??
It was a good fight.. i had Alvarez ahead going into the 7th, 4-2. Kov had a big round 4 were he came out busy, he seemed gassed after.

Alvarez showed a good chin and some good power, couple that with his boxing ability and Kov seemed mentally out of it quicc.

He's(Kov) probably done at the Championship level... he may even retire.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-05-2018, 05:06 AM (This post was last modified: 01-30-2019 03:28 AM by ViperSniper.)
Just got around to watching this. Alvarez fought well the first 3 rounds and hits harder than his record suggests.

Despite having Kovalev up in both Andre Ward fights they were most definitely his toughest fights & was exposed in the process.

Kovalev is a bully! He has shown he can go 12 rounds but when his opponent is able to take his punch and land his own he gets flustered and mentally burns himself out. Mixed in with not a big gas tank & his legs not being strong enough to hold up to the pressure of a tough fight spells big trouble for Kov.

He will always have a (punchers) chance against other top, young 175 fighters as he put up a competitive fight here and still has power. But feel Kovs best days are now behind him & may need to really change his strategy in & out of the ring from this point in his career if he doesn't want to end up a dangered gate keeper!

Here is the fight, before it most likely gets taken down..

08-05-2018, 10:38 AM
He was up 59-55, 59-55 and 58-56.

He was getting tired, got caught and was hurt in a way he’d never been in his career.
08-05-2018, 01:03 PM
Kov was a monster in his prime but looking bacc, did we gas him up to be some monster he wasnt?

He best wins are 50yr old Hopkins and a Chinny Pascal.. his resume isnt that impressive in hindsight...

I think his best win was probably vs a prime Cleverly where he showboated while getting the KO..

I think Kov should hang em up.. he has noone to blame but himself now, sure cant blame his coach or Ward... but Ward def ruined him.
08-05-2018, 02:14 PM
I posted a year or so ago about GGG wrecking Kov in sparring. He doesn't like getting it to the body. I hate to pile on when a guy is down, but the bully label is somewhat appropriate. He's a great front runner, but not to be trusted in a firefight.

Warriors Don't Show Their Heart Until The Axe Reveals It.
08-05-2018, 02:59 PM
I remember that War... Kov mentioned how GGG hit like a sledgehammer.

But you're right... Kov turned into a REAL POS after the Ward fight, everything that's happened to him since is straight Karma, and i dont even believe in that shit.
08-05-2018, 03:43 PM
Getting screwed the first fight killed him.
08-05-2018, 04:58 PM
Awesome win for Alvarez who looked strong as hell, determined and powerful.

I agree with the 'bully' sentiments...Kov was a great on top fighter who struggled when someone put it on him.

If he had won this fight I think Bivol would have ended him, anyway.

Black
08-05-2018, 08:17 PM
Bivol is tough for sure but Artur Beterbiev and Oleksandr Gvozdyk will be running the division shortly, those two are freaking monsters! Badou Jack and Adonis Stevenson better get off the train tracks and the lone American better be ready for war if he wants to eat at the big boy table.

"Weapons are forged by being pushed beyond their limits eventually breaking what they currently are to be molded into the killing machines they will soon become" -TeddyBear- remember that shit[/i][/b][/font]

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)