Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Creed II
04-29-2019, 08:16 PM (This post was last modified: 04-29-2019 08:21 PM by Snoop.)
RE: Creed II
They cut the "Spider-Rico" scene to be an added bonus on the DVD release, which I can kinda understand since it can exist outside of the main storyline, but the "Locker Room" scene I don't get at all why they cut it. The original cut just has him winning, then flashes him to enjoying his life after victory. No depth. No meaning. Just standard cheesy Hollywood BS.

Adding the "Locker Room" scene has so many fucking layers to it - from friendship to forgiveness, to reconciliation to redemption. Just those 2mins and 45secs maybe could have salvaged the movie for me. Why they left it out is beyond me.

All heart. That's what most little guys are.
But that counts for a lot. In the gym or
the ring all you gotta do is get up
one more time than the other guy thinks you can.

- Gabrielle Calvocoressi

http://www.wanderingpugilist.com
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-04-2019, 01:45 AM
(03-23-2019 07:57 PM)Warlord Wrote:  Rocky II has the greatest line in the history of cinema.

After his first fight with Creed, the reporter asks, “Rocky, do you think you have brain damage?”

Rocky’s response?

“I don’t see any.”
Truest words ever spoken? "Women weaken legs"
Find all posts by this user
05-27-2019, 10:50 AM (This post was last modified: 05-27-2019 10:52 AM by ViperSniper.)
Just got finished finally watching Creed II & felt it was another decent job they did. I may give the slight edge to the first Creed movie but was still able to sit through this one!

The fight scenes to this were possibly the best boxing scenes I've seen, which were well acted and shot well!

(04-18-2019 04:24 PM)Snoop Wrote:  I watched this movie on the plane and my final feeling was, "Meh." It was super predictable and kind of corny/unrealistic at times ( the desert training? rolleyes ) There was also a ton of unnecessary storylines going on, like their child being born deaf or even the child being born in the first place really. I mean her presence didn't really change anything in the main storyline so it was kind of like a cheap trick to pull at heart-strings. On top of that, they cut out two of the best fucking scenes of the movie, which I don't understand at all. If you include the "Locker Room" scene at the end, it changes the entire vibe of the film. I really hope they don't make another one.

I didn't have any issue what so ever with the storyline or the fact they had a child in the film.

Creed & his fiancee expecting their first child, which adds further distractions going into the biggest fight of his life. The baby being born deaf obviously brings more worries, not to mention the mother will eventually become completely deaf herself (discussed in the first Creed movie)..

Adonis tells his fiancee how he'd be no good to anyone if he couldn't do what he loved, which was why he had to box Drago. The fiancee being a singer who relies on hearing, then understood.

The constant reminder that Adonis is facing the son of the man who killed his father, Adonis runs the risk of having the same ending as his father, while also giving his new born the same beginning of life, without no father!

I felt that them having a (deaf) baby, based on the timing, circumstances & consequences played into the storyline just fine!

However I completely agree 110% about these 2 scenes you posted!! How in the fuck did they not make the cut!?? The locker room scene should have most definitely been left in.

The Syder Rico scene maybe not as detrimental, but definitely would have added a nice touch and scene to the movie!
Find all posts by this user
05-27-2019, 02:04 PM
(05-27-2019 10:50 AM)ViperSniper Wrote:  Just got finished finally watching Creed II & felt it was another decent job they did. I may give the slight edge to the first Creed movie but was still able to sit through this one!

The fight scenes to this were possibly the best boxing scenes I've seen, which were well acted and shot well!

I didn't have any issue what so ever with the storyline or the fact they had a child in the film.

Creed & his fiancee expecting their first child, which adds further distractions going into the biggest fight of his life. The baby being born deaf obviously brings more worries, not to mention the mother will eventually become completely deaf herself (discussed in the first Creed movie)..

Adonis tells his fiancee how he'd be no good to anyone if he couldn't do what he loved, which was why he had to box Drago. The fiancee being a singer who relies on hearing, then understood.

The constant reminder that Adonis is facing the son of the man who killed his father, Adonis runs the risk of having the same ending as his father, while also giving his new born the same beginning of life, without no father!

I felt that them having a (deaf) baby, based on the timing, circumstances & consequences played into the storyline just fine!

However I completely agree 110% about these 2 scenes you posted!! How in the fuck did they not make the cut!?? The locker room scene should have most definitely been left in.

The Syder Rico scene maybe not as detrimental, but definitely would have added a nice touch and scene to the movie!

I definitely think that's what they were going for, but I don't feel that they communicated that well enough to the audience. Something about it, maybe not giving the baby enough airtime, who knows, I just didn't feel they really captured that feeling you just described.

I also didn't really get the purpose of making the baby deaf. Maybe that we all have to deal with unexpected hardships? It just seemed like the story could have gone with or without that happening.

Overall I just felt the execution of the whole thing was mediocre. The two that were actually pretty moving, they cut out. So for me it's too bad, cuz they could have made such a better film.

All heart. That's what most little guys are.
But that counts for a lot. In the gym or
the ring all you gotta do is get up
one more time than the other guy thinks you can.

- Gabrielle Calvocoressi

http://www.wanderingpugilist.com
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)