Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Poll: Who is the greatest Heavyweight since Ali?
Larry Holmes
Mike Tyson
Evander Holyfield
Riddick Bowe
Lennox Lewis
Vitali Klitschko
Wladamir Klitschko
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
The Greatest Heavyweight since Muhammad Ali.
09-11-2018, 06:14 PM
RE: The Greatest Heavyweight since Muhammad Ali.
Fuck you and whatever third world shithole vomited you out.

Warriors Don't Show Their Heart Until The Axe Reveals It.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-11-2018, 07:33 PM
I hate to say it but Wlad. He's the most dominant.
09-11-2018, 07:34 PM
Not an Ibeabuchi fan, Warlord?
09-12-2018, 04:07 AM
Surprised at the Klit love.

Solid, dependable and consistent, but with zero wins between them to compare to the others on the list.

Black
09-12-2018, 07:36 PM
I have to go with lennox, Evander due to his size was probably the biggest overachiever in the division but lennox for me. he had two dud fights but managed to avenge them and a prime Bowe straight out ducked him, which to me says alot about how fellow professionals viewed him.

This of course should have been an easy conversation if Mike Tyson had managed to keep his shit together, there was so much upside to him and I tend to believe Rooney when he says the world only ever saw about 505 of Tyson's potential. But hey, coulda, woulda, shoulda.

“Shakespeare? I ain’t never hoid of him. He’s not in no ratings. I suppose he’s one of them foreign heavyweights. They’re all lousy. Sure as hell I’ll moider dat bum.”—Tony Galento
09-12-2018, 09:27 PM
Wow! Look at the Lennox love going on here! I find it strange that a guy sooo heavily criticized, at times mocked & could barely get the respect of (American) fans during his career. He lacked popularity, charisma & often got criticized for being too safe
It's not the first time a fighter has gone up in rankings within time..and maybe the Klitschko brothers was a good measuring stick for how great Lennox really was.
I feel Tyson, Holyfield & Lewis have the best arguments for being the best Heavyweight since Ali, then Holmes & then Bowe & the Klitschko's are tricky to devide. It's a tough one..I caved and went with Mike Tyson
09-13-2018, 04:00 AM
Lennox lacked charisma and personality...but those things don't matter a damned thing when it comes to measuring greatness.

Lennox was great, no doubt.

But RE: the Lewis-Holy fights...we basically saw an absolute prime Lewis against a fast fading but still decent Holyfield. Now considering Holyfield pushed him hard in the second fight, I don't think it's a stretch to say that the Holyfield from three years earlier (and certainly the '94 Holyfield who beat Bowe) couldn't have gotten the job done in a prime vs prime scenario.

Black
09-13-2018, 05:41 AM
(09-13-2018 04:00 AM)blackbelt2003 Wrote:  Lennox lacked charisma and personality...but those things don't matter a damned thing when it comes to measuring greatness.

Lennox was great, no doubt.

But RE: the Lewis-Holy fights...we basically saw an absolute prime Lewis against a fast fading but still decent Holyfield. Now considering Holyfield pushed him hard in the second fight, I don't think it's a stretch to say that the Holyfield from three years earlier (and certainly the '94 Holyfield who beat Bowe) couldn't have gotten the job done in a prime vs prime scenario.

Black

Of course it doesn't, nor did I suggest any of those things matter when measuring greatness. But it played a big factor to how people viewed and spoke of Lennox when he was active. It blurred peoples judgment at the time..we're already seeing the same thing happening with Wlad..it seems as if it happened sooner thab Lennox.
Maybe the time difference had something to do with how each boxer performed on their last fight!?
09-13-2018, 09:59 AM
I always liked Lennox as a boxer. I'm not someone who is particularly interested in a sportsman's personality out of the sports arena...only what they're like doing whatever sport it is they do, so on that note i didnt view Lennox as negatively as some people did. By and large he was in exciting fights (with the odd dud when he played it safe) and had an aesthetically pleasing style (for the purist, anyway).

The fact that he had a shit accent and an aloof personality (allegedly, since I've never met him) makes no odds to me.

Black
09-13-2018, 01:12 PM
Lewis was a very underrated.

He would have mangled Joshua, Fury and Wilder with the same type of effort he needed to ruin Michael Grant.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Post 2000: Greatest Heavyweight Win ViperSniper 38 3,386 01-02-2020 06:00 PM
Last Post: blackbelt2003
  Top 10 greatest punches thrown in Heavyweight history by a fighter. ViperSniper 16 10,048 10-20-2016 07:04 AM
Last Post: blackbelt2003
  R.I.P Muhammad Ali The Greatest Of All Time ViperSniper 26 15,960 06-15-2016 08:13 AM
Last Post: lloyd mayflower

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)