Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

How would Joe Calzaghe have done in the Super Six?
12-21-2011, 03:05 AM
I say he has a good chance against Taylor, Johnson, Green, possibly Abraham (depends if it's pre or post Dirrell), and a toss-up between him and Froch. He loses against Ward, and I know many will disagree with me, but Dirrell as well. Thoughts?

All heart. That's what most little guys are.
But that counts for a lot. In the gym or
the ring all you gotta do is get up
one more time than the other guy thinks you can.

- Gabrielle Calvocoressi

http://www.wanderingpugilist.com
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-21-2011, 04:15 AM
Calzaghe would just replace Froch, and Froch would become the 3rd best of the tournament. We would see a Ward and Calzaghe final, and I think Ward would probably pip him. But who knows, Calzaghe can bring the worst out in fighters and win a close decision, in a very scrapy fight. Like Hopkins/Calzaghe v2.0.
It would just come down to them two though, and I am leaning towards Ward to edge him.
Find all posts by this user
12-21-2011, 05:02 AM
As the (proudly) South Seas Administrator of the Joke Cokezalghe hate wagon it pains me to say that on any given night he may beat everyone in the Super Six.

“Shakespeare? I ain’t never hoid of him. He’s not in no ratings. I suppose he’s one of them foreign heavyweights. They’re all lousy. Sure as hell I’ll moider dat bum.”—Tony Galento
12-21-2011, 06:27 AM
Calz wins it. NO motherfucking way no day is Froch beating Calslappy.
12-21-2011, 08:04 AM
Me and my bro were talking about this. Calzaghe defo beats froch. As much as I like Carl, calzaghe is just too quick and fleet footed for him. The only thing is that joe can get drawn into a scrap....which would probably favour froch, but joe wins IMO.

As for him and ward? Tough fight to call. Both quick, both move well....ward has the better boxing skills but calzaghe does have that intelligent work rate.
12-21-2011, 09:37 AM
Calzaghe wins the whole thing.

He may not always look great in there, but he does so many things right and has an extra gear that none of these guys have.

Ward would be his toughest fight, but after doing well early I see a late fight fade as Calzaghe takes over in the middle rounds and wins a decision.
12-21-2011, 10:04 AM
Who's to say Calzaghe would even participate?...I personally think he avoids a tournament like this and says he'll take on the winner, but then doesn't...

and then he retires, divorces his wife, and rips yay every night with hookers...
12-21-2011, 10:20 AM
Calzaghe beats everyone but Ward

İmageİmage

TEAM BLACK
12-21-2011, 10:23 AM
Ward is clever enough to nullify his work rate and mess him about to clinch a decision.

Calzaghe beats everyone else.

Black
12-21-2011, 11:15 AM
the ollie reed fan club Wrote:As the (proudly) South Seas Administrator of the Joke Cokezalghe hate wagon it pains me to say that on any given night he may beat everyone in the Super Six.
I heard about his coke habit. Do you think he used coke during his career? If so, do you think it gave him an advantage? I remember reading Ali's biography and reading that Leon Spinks was coked up during their fight. Martina Hingis was on the pipe also if memory serves.

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)