Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Gamboa/Juanma: Fight being set up?
09-26-2018, 09:46 PM
Gamboa/Juanma: Fight being set up?
https://fightnews.com/gamboa-juanma-twin...lert/30680

Both will be on a twinbill. They reallly should have had this years back. I'd go with Juanma right now if they do end up signing.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-26-2018, 09:50 PM
RE: Gamboa/Juanma: Fight being set up?
It's looking that way.

That worthless fat fucking retard Dan Rafael wrote a sarcastic article about how this is happening ten years after anyone cares.

I assure you that the fans of both guys, combined with those who root for things based purely on nationalism, will be more than interested in this fight considered it was on the proverbial wish list for so long.

That said, I don't care who wins but I hope it turns out to be fight of the year just so Rafael will have to 180 (albeit slowly because I'm sure he has the turning radius of an iceberg) and talk about how great it was.

I hate Dan Rafael. He's an insult to boxing, to journalism, and to physical health.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-26-2018, 10:07 PM
Id take Gamboa by KO.

JuanMa got ruined by Salido. So did his chin. Gamboa is a shell of himself but he'll still have enough speed to catch JuanMa clean.

Oh yea, and Fucc Fat Dan. Idk how his fat ass got that job... i know even less how he's manage to keep it.
09-27-2018, 03:32 AM
Yeah, I slightly lean to Gamboa...although both are ruined fighters, and who can predict what will happen to a ruined fighter? They can miraculously turn back the clock or fall even further into the depths of shittiness. You never know.

Black
09-27-2018, 07:50 AM (This post was last modified: 09-28-2018 06:35 AM by ViperSniper.)
Last couple of times I've seen both they have looked like trash cans. Gamboa can still look good in flashes but has developed such bricked feet and has lost speed and has gotten sloppy as fuck & lost his competitive nature. Juanma has at least put on spirited efforts..even if he is getting layed out at the end.

This may come down to whose chin holds up best..both have become chinny as fuck so I wouldn't expect this to last very long!
09-27-2018, 01:57 PM
The fact that this didn't happen when it was primetime is tragic. At the time (just before the Salido loss) I was hoping that they would have done it in Miami because the event would have been electric and a really good reason for a weekend in Miami beach.

I can't think of a single fight I would have rather have seen that didn't happen with the possible exceptions of Floyd vs Marg or Williams.
09-27-2018, 03:03 PM
(09-27-2018 01:57 PM)salvador Wrote:  The fact that this didn't happen when it was primetime is tragic. At the time (just before the Salido loss) I was hoping that they would have done it in Miami because the event would have been electric and a really good reason for a weekend in Miami beach.

I can't think of a single fight I would have rather have seen that didn't happen with the possible exceptions of Floyd vs Marg or Williams.

Bowe-Lewis, when Bowe was BOWE, is up there for me, too.

Sadly, a motivated Riddick Bowe after November 1992 was a rare sighting. It happened, but it was rare.
09-27-2018, 04:38 PM
Boxing is on a roll right now. I'm looking forward to Mosley/Marg 2 getting made.
09-27-2018, 09:35 PM
(09-27-2018 03:03 PM)Romulus9 Wrote:  Bowe-Lewis, when Bowe was BOWE, is up there for me, too.

Yeah that's a damn shame as well.
09-28-2018, 02:41 AM
I'm just gutted about Victor Ortiz.

W8th a good winning run, he could have been HBO's next superstar. Imagine him vs Zab Judah (a focused one) for the welterweight title. That would be a battle for the ages.

Black

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)