Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Crawford could be his own worst enemy!
10-18-2018, 03:12 AM
RE: Crawford could be his own worst enemy!
Kudratillo Abdukakhorov beats them all, you guys are over looking this kid. He's the silent truth.

"Weapons are forged by being pushed beyond their limits eventually breaking what they currently are to be molded into the killing machines they will soon become" -TeddyBear- remember that shit[/i][/b][/font]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-18-2018, 09:32 AM
Crawford vs Benavidez was the highest rated combat sports event of 2018.

Is it possible that having an all sports network pushing the top p4p fighter might turn out to be great for the sport?

https://www.badlefthook.com/2018/10/16/1...ts-in-2018
10-18-2018, 04:40 PM
Boxing is doing just fine.

On another note, Anthony Joshua has done 1.5million, 1.4million and 1.2million PPV's for his fights with Klit, Parker and Povetkin.

That's in a country of 66million.

That's the equivalent of a US PPV doing 5 million views. Pretty good numbers, in my opinion.

Black
11-04-2018, 02:12 AM (This post was last modified: 11-04-2018 02:14 AM by and the NEW.)
(10-17-2018 11:13 PM)the ollie reed fan club Wrote:  I agreed with everything in this post.....................until the last sentence. However I know that's how you roll Eugene, you've always gotta throw something a little funky in there.

haha same here, I liked the post, until the last sentence, then I had to unlike it.

I think Crawford's lateral movement and timing beat Spence. This is what would beat Spence in the amateurs. He can walk guys down and crush them in the pros, but Crawford is strong as hell at 147 and is very cagey, so I think he can survive the Spence onslaught while he gets in his own licks.

(10-18-2018 04:40 PM)blackbelt2003 Wrote:  Boxing is doing just fine.

On another note, Anthony Joshua has done 1.5million, 1.4million and 1.2million PPV's for his fights with Klit, Parker and Povetkin.

That's in a country of 66million.

That's the equivalent of a US PPV doing 5 million views. Pretty good numbers, in my opinion.

Black

Yeah, it's still doing decent numbers, but you have to have several subscriptions and cable to follow it, don't get the best fighting the best, and it has poor promotion outside of Showtime and WBSS (particularly now that HBO is gone).
11-04-2018, 06:43 AM
What do you guys think of the DAZN model of a set monthly subscription vs periodic PPVs?

Black
11-04-2018, 07:52 AM (This post was last modified: 11-04-2018 08:02 AM by and the NEW.)
Horrible model IMO black.

Boxing/combat sports are niche, so you have two ways to monetize them:
1) make them mainstream so you can substantially increase the viewership and then target advertising; or
2) build stars through promotion (like HBO did) and then monetize those stars with periodic PPVs.

Every single broadcast and tech business is trying to go into subscription-based services because a few have done it well. But you can't compete in a niche sport on a paid model like a Netflix, think about this:
Netflix does over 2 million additional subscriptions PER MONTH;
ESPN+ took HALF A YEAR to do 1 million with both NHL and MLB (along with other major sports);
DAZN is TARGETING combat sports.

There used to be a hurdle rate on investment. I.e. if the interest rate was 6%, you had to make that return for the investment to be worthwhile. In Europe and Japan (and the US until recently), you can borrow at next to nothing, so you get seriously leveraged financial corporations which carry zero liability when they collapse, trying to hit the ball out of the park by paying outrageous sums of money to dominate a market on unsustainable business models. The aim is to build a little success (on revenue growth or subscription growth, not bottom line success) and sell it off to the next "private equity" firm, that used to be called "leveraged buyout" companies but have since changed their name for optics. It is a massive ponzi scheme that is in the first innings of collapse. The end of 2007 saw the start of the mortgage and banking collapse, the end of 2018 is seeing the start of the zombie corporation collapse.
11-04-2018, 09:04 AM
Well I guess that answered my question well enough.

Black
11-04-2018, 03:00 PM
Atn with an absolute conversation endernof a post there!

Well played sir.
11-04-2018, 07:39 PM
Yea I mentioned before.. it doesnt make financial sense as a consumer. I'd go to a bar, friends house to watch and split the cost. Or MAYBE buy a PPV every couple years for fighters I wanna support like Cotto.. 60-75 every couple years makes more sense then $10/mo, $120/yr for content I dont want.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-05-2018, 01:58 AM
I can't help but think it is some type of attempt to monopolize the sport such as UFC did with MMA and then as ATN says sell out for lots of moolah. Haymon had a crack at it and failed and DANZ will do too.

“Shakespeare? I ain’t never hoid of him. He’s not in no ratings. I suppose he’s one of them foreign heavyweights. They’re all lousy. Sure as hell I’ll moider dat bum.”—Tony Galento

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)