Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Under achieving or unrecognized heavyweights.
10-18-2018, 08:27 AM
Under achieving or unrecognized heavyweights.
With all these different apps and streaming services carrying fights now and a much wider range of fights being broadcast in some way ,shape, or form. The public get a chance to see many many fighters whom 5 to 10 years ago never would've had a chance to get on a broadcasted card.

Who are some guys (heavyweights or not) that just either flew under the radar or simply didn't live up to their true potential but would probably do exceedingly well now with the vast chances of landing televised(streaming services too) bout?

A few come immediately to mind for me but I'm curious to see who you all have in mind first.

"Weapons are forged by being pushed beyond their limits eventually breaking what they currently are to be molded into the killing machines they will soon become" -TeddyBear- remember that shit[/i][/b][/font]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-18-2018, 04:45 PM (This post was last modified: 10-18-2018 04:45 PM by blackbelt2003.)
RE: Under achieving or unrecognized heavyweights.
Gary Mason is one for me.

At one stage he was 35-0-0 (32). He had a brawl with undefeated Lennox Lewis for the European Title and was stopped on his feet with a closed eye. It was his only ever loss.

I sparred with him as a teenager in the late 90's and he was a gentleman and very helpful. Really nice guy.

He died a few years later being knocked off his bike by a car.

He would easily have been the equal of Dyllian Whyte or Dereck Chisora in these modern times.

Black
10-18-2018, 06:25 PM
If we're talking obscure, fringe heavyweights who could've possibly made some noise in today's era, I think Jo el Scott probably deserves some mention. He's among the worst pieces of shit ever to lace up a pair of gloves, but he could hit like a truck.

Jimmy Thunder and Jeremy Williams might also get a mention, though both are a bit more well known than Scott, I reckon.

Warriors Don't Show Their Heart Until The Axe Reveals It.
10-18-2018, 08:07 PM
Don King ruined Tim Witherspoon's career. That's a strange statement considering he won two world championships in the '80s, but had King not done what he did, Witherspoon would have done so much more in my estimation. Such a shame.

Fun fact about Jimmy Thunder and Jeremy Williams: Both of them scored knockout wins of less than 15 seconds, and both fights were on USA Tuesday Night Fights.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Under achieving or unrecognized heavyweights.!!! hilmarykhan 8 621 03-09-2019 06:42 AM
Last Post: Warlord

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)