Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Diaz - Masvidal OFF...and ON
11-03-2019, 11:11 AM
RE: Diaz - Masvidal OFF...and ON
(11-03-2019 10:45 AM)Imperius3 Wrote:  Disappointing stoppage, but the doctor did Nate a favor. He was taking serious damage, and Masvidal was going to keep tearing him up. I think Masvidal could've stopped him in the 1st, but he wanted to give the fans more.

I was kinda thinking the same as Masvidal looked like he was toying with hurt Nate by purposely showing no urgency
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-03-2019, 12:02 PM
Anyone who has seen Nate fight knows all his fights start out looking like that one... with that being said, he's never previously shown he was hurt and here he showed both head and body shots were effecting him.

Succs I was right but this is the end for Nate. Too many wars, too inconsistent or inactive... Mas is riding the hot streak to a title shot.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-03-2019, 01:20 PM
I don't think Nate was going to make some great comeback this time. Masvidal wasn't slowing down, and he had Nate's number. In a way, it's kinda sadistic to be disappointed about the stoppage. Nate was done, and I don't want to see him seriously hurt. I guess the disappointment comes from there not being true closure. But I think it's clear who the better man was, and maybe that's enough.
11-03-2019, 01:23 PM
Jon, Masvidal has already done way more than most have to to get a title shot. I dint like the guy but he deserves it and I want to see it.
11-03-2019, 02:12 PM
Unfortunately I don’t think Masvidal can beat Usman. He should go for another payday with Diaz. I think Dana’s not gonna let that happen though. I think it’s more likely Diaz gets the McGregor rematch than a Masvidal rematch. Mas likely gets the winner of Covington/Usman.

Warriors Don't Show Their Heart Until The Axe Reveals It.
11-03-2019, 08:38 PM
^Which will be Usman. He's going to good-boy Covington.
11-03-2019, 09:07 PM
Usman is the favorite, but Covington is a live dog. Usman will be coming off a long layoff, while Colby has Nick Diaz/Michael Bisping level cardio. It’s possible Colby outworks Usman over 5 rounds.

My biggest issue with Colby is he can’t keep guys down when he lands his takedowns. If it becomes a standup war between Colby and Marty, I may actually give Colby the edge. Snoozeman has more power, but in 10 fights in the UFC, he’s only finished one opponent with strikes. Colby, who is a pigeon puncher, has 2.

If you’re wondering why I bring this up, it’s simply to say this — Covington may have the edge if this becomes a striking match.

We’ll see. It’s a good match either way.

Warriors Don't Show Their Heart Until The Axe Reveals It.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)