Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

2018!
12-23-2018, 07:54 PM (This post was last modified: 12-23-2018 07:55 PM by ViperSniper.)
2018!
Win of the year - Canelo W Golovkin
Fighter of the year - Uzyk
Fight of the year - Canelo-Golovkin II
KO of the year - Whyte KO11 Chisora
Comeback of the year - Tyson Fury
Upset of the year - Alvarez KO7 Kovalev
Prospect of the year - Ryan Garcia

What are your picks? I know I've forgotten some & have also picked what's fresh in my mind..

Any other notable mentions??
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-24-2018, 02:20 AM
RE: 2018!
I can't think of any category I'd disagree with you on...

Black
12-24-2018, 05:02 PM
I only disagree with Win of the Year going to Canelo over GGG because that was controversial. I would replace it with Wilder's win over Ortiz. Lots of heart and firepower displayed in that fight to get the W.
12-24-2018, 06:12 PM
Yeah I could see that.

But I also think Canelo's performance was immense regardless of the validity of the decision.

Black
12-27-2018, 08:33 PM
Agree with everything but might have to go with Usyk's win over Gassiev. This was supposed to be a 50/50 with 2 blue chip undefeated champions and Usyk hosed him.

“Shakespeare? I ain’t never hoid of him. He’s not in no ratings. I suppose he’s one of them foreign heavyweights. They’re all lousy. Sure as hell I’ll moider dat bum.”—Tony Galento
12-29-2018, 11:08 PM (This post was last modified: 12-29-2018 11:09 PM by and the NEW.)
Good list Viper.

I agree with all, but I would go with Teofimo Lopez vs Mason Menard for KO of the year, and probably Teofimo Lopez for the prospect of the year too (I don't rate Ryan Garcia that high, he is nowhere near the fighter Oscar was).

Probably too late to rate Tank Davis as a prospect, but I think when he moves to 135, along with Loma, Mikey Garcia, Devin Haney and Teofimo Lopez, that division is going to be sparking flames during the next couple years.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)