Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

The Return of Rigondeaux!
01-06-2019, 01:43 AM (This post was last modified: 01-06-2019 04:22 AM by ViperSniper.)
The Return of Rigondeaux!
Guillermo Rigondeaux returns to the ring on the 13th of this month against an opponent he should beat. First fight since Loma and will remain at Super Featherweight which may be his first mistake!

Anyone see Rigondeaux making a splash at 38 years old or is it all downhill for the Cuban?

https://fightnews.com/rigondeaux-on-uzca...card/37483
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-06-2019, 04:40 AM
RE: The Return of Rigondeaux!
I think he's still A-level, but the young guns (like Gervonta Davis) will beat him down.
01-06-2019, 07:09 AM
(01-06-2019 04:40 AM)Imperius3 Wrote:  I think he's still A-level, but the young guns (like Gervonta Davis) will beat him down.

Interesting! What makes you say Davis beats Rigo at this point Imperius3?

Does Rigondeaux lose to most within & around the division now, or is it mainly just Davis you see beating Rigondeaux at this point?
01-06-2019, 10:44 AM
Where have you heard it's at super feather?

I read it was down at super bantam.

Black
01-06-2019, 10:49 AM
Rigo’s style won’t age well.
01-06-2019, 11:09 AM
(01-06-2019 10:44 AM)blackbelt2003 Wrote:  Where have you heard it's at super feather?

I read it was down at super bantam.

Black
Boxrec has it as an 8 round Super Featherweight bout.

http://boxrec.com/en/event/778293/2308319
01-06-2019, 02:44 PM
Gotta agree with JD Rigo fights like a young man. Very very reliant on quick feet. One of the main things that lost him the Lomachenko fight his feet couldn't bail him out. Not because they were slow but because Lomachenko matched them. As they slow down though he'll find himself in many more fire fights. You never know though look at fellow fleet footed Cuban Lara he turned out to be excellent in firefights. As he(Lara) gets older I find myself wanting to tune into his fights more and more.

"Weapons are forged by being pushed beyond their limits eventually breaking what they currently are to be molded into the killing machines they will soon become" -TeddyBear- remember that shit[/i][/b][/font]
01-07-2019, 02:53 AM
(01-06-2019 07:09 AM)ViperSniper Wrote:  Interesting! What makes you say Davis beats Rigo at this point Imperius3?

Does Rigondeaux lose to most within & around the division now, or is it mainly just Davis you see beating Rigondeaux at this point?

Rigo's age, and the higher weight class. He's still good, but the best in that division will probably beat him.
01-09-2019, 02:06 AM (This post was last modified: 01-09-2019 02:07 AM by and the NEW.)
Rigo is done. He won't beat any good super feather champ. He went MIA for a long time after the Loma fight, it mentally hit him hard. He is just here to collect some checks now.
01-09-2019, 06:42 PM
I agree T Bear.. Lara's fights have been alot more fun since he stopped moving... I wanted that Hurd rematch before anything..
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)