Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Lloyd Mayflowers Fight Thread
01-10-2019, 06:42 PM
RE: Lloyd Mayflowers Fight Thread
Thank Rom. I appreciete any help I can get. Know that (like others on here) I respect your shit and I will actively think of ways that you can help me and I wont be shy to ask. Its been a long time I have been shooting the shit with you guys and I respect anything you all have for me.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-11-2019, 02:25 AM
Do you know your opponent yet?

"Weapons are forged by being pushed beyond their limits eventually breaking what they currently are to be molded into the killing machines they will soon become" -TeddyBear- remember that shit[/i][/b][/font]
01-11-2019, 03:14 AM
No T Bear they do the training for a few weeks and assess everyone then match you up based on size/ability/fitness etc to try and get even fights
01-11-2019, 04:31 AM
We really need Johnny'sTrainer!!..
Also Lloyd, what do you think are your strengths & weaknesses anyways?
01-11-2019, 05:31 AM
Current strengths.. Power. Thats about it really. I can hit hard as fuck.

Current Weaknesses.. Fitness, height (hoping my oppoment is smaller than my sparring partners) General in-ring nous, and whatever is wrong with my rib.
01-11-2019, 05:36 AM
I've ran white collar events for years mucka, and nine times out of ten whoever wins the opener wins the fight.

If you've got good power, use it in the first round. A novice will be put in their place quickly with a few big shots and that will allow you to control the tempo so you don't have to work so hard in the next two rounds.

Black
01-11-2019, 06:13 AM
Cheers black. I think thats a good plan for me. I expect to bit significantly fitter and sharper in boxing terms come the time but at the end of the day, I still want to throw bombs! Just need to make sure I have the capacity to much busier than currently in case someone just eats up my best and smiles
01-11-2019, 08:04 PM
Try working on feints... if he's a beginner, he'll likely turtle up and allow you to get inside or drop some bombs while hes in guard.

At this stage it really comes down to who is the most physically fit. That should be your #1 priority. Assuming hes as good a technician as you and work on outhustling him.. the busier you are, they less they throw bacc. Alot of people are scared to get hit also, lol. I've found this to be my key to success.

Dont be scared to get hit. Feint and see how they react. CONDITION CONDITION CONDITION.

Like Blk said, win the first round.. try to be memorable towards the end of each round as well.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-11-2019, 11:40 PM (This post was last modified: 01-11-2019 11:48 PM by ViperSniper.)
Lloyd..other bit of advice I can give it to not grow a mo and mullet for you debut. The extra hair could make shots landed appear more damaging than what they are which could sway judges. Not to mention the extra hair could slow you down!

Also..try not to do anything that don't feel natural like using the philly shell or pigeon style like Sutherland! Just fight your fight!!

Also Lloyd..make sure to not do any dance routine with your corner before the fight...or even after the fight!

02-06-2019, 03:29 PM
Should really pin this. Its beneath a mod to have to rake on the secind page for his thread.

Anyway, tonight is the first training session with the white collar boxing mob so will see what they are all about. Updates will follow more regularly now

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)