Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Canelo - Jacobs May 4th
01-22-2019, 10:31 AM
RE: Canelo - Jacobs May 4th
The way it is. There was usually an option to weigh in the day before but a majority of the guys usually just weighed same day.

"Weapons are forged by being pushed beyond their limits eventually breaking what they currently are to be molded into the killing machines they will soon become" -TeddyBear- remember that shit[/i][/b][/font]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-22-2019, 10:44 AM
I've been to a few small venue fights where fighters were put in with guys when they had absolutely no chance - really shamefully overmatched to the point that it made my stomach turn.

I assume that this is just the way of the world, but I also assume that there is a breaking point where it's borderline criminal to let some guys take such beatings for such tiny money.

And I would think that the entire point of boxing commissions would be to protect those guys and, on a bigger scale, protect the sport from having too many life changing/threatening types of injuries.

But if same day weigh ins are standard in the sport (and I think that should be an obvious rule) and there aren't widespread problems with guys making weight and getting seriously injured, then why are the weigh ins done the day before for the big fights?
01-22-2019, 10:59 AM
Because at the level it's a common occurrence guys are fighting at their walking weight and not cutting massive weight. I think the big events should be same day weights you wouldn't have 20lb differences in ring on fight night. When I say same day I'm talking we weigh in a 5 see dr 530 fight at 7.

I know what you mean Wv is horrible about taking lambs to slaughter. I'll provide video examples give me a sec.

"Weapons are forged by being pushed beyond their limits eventually breaking what they currently are to be molded into the killing machines they will soon become" -TeddyBear- remember that shit[/i][/b][/font]
01-22-2019, 11:06 AM
Please don't put up any of those vids. I can't watch that stuff - especially now while we are so close to the Stevenson coma.
01-22-2019, 11:06 AM (This post was last modified: 01-22-2019 11:07 AM by TheTeddyBear.)
https://youtu.be/-ZlkN3dvCvo

The opponent in question is Steven Chesnik actually a friend of mine. Boxrec him.

01-22-2019, 11:19 AM
How in the hell does a guy with 10 KO losses in 10 fights get approved for #11??????

I don't understand how there is enough money in a venue like that to make it worth it for the consciences of the commissioners to allow it.

How much do you think he got paid for that 11th ko loss?
01-22-2019, 09:34 PM
(01-22-2019 01:57 AM)Fitz Wrote:  Maybe initially you may see dead men walking with same day weigh ins. But after some early examples are made of fools who dehydrate too much (similar to DLH with Pac) and we see some eye opening results of fighters who tried to lose too much weight.
Surely there will be a shift across the board where all fighters are at a more natural weight division.
They aren't going to continue making same dehydrating mistakes after some early examples are made of the ones who try.

When I say dead men walking, I'm not talking so much performance-based shortcomings rather than the ones that cannot be seen. Sure there will be some examples of guys performing like they're wearing lead boots, but more important are the guys that will come into the ring seemingly performing just fine, but their dehydrated brains are taking far more damage internally than should be the case. Unfortunately what I'm talking about here isn't something that is easy to point the finger at on the surface, so I'm not sure it's something that would be rectified on the side of the fighter.
01-23-2019, 03:23 AM
800 I think Sal, he never broke into 4 digits. Got used pretty badly. When they wouldn't approve him to box they started using him for kickboxing. Also MMA too. Unfortunately that kind of opponent usage is very common in my region. https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&source=w...4547807350

01-23-2019, 07:51 AM
Jesus, Teddy, that's about as disgraceful as it gets.
04-23-2019, 08:09 AM
Jacobs at +315 looks kind of reasonable.

The fact that GGG thinks it's a pick'em fight and the odds are so skewed shows what a cynical sport this is. The idea that the judges might give Jacobs the nod in a close fight isn't being priced in to the odds.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)