Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Sergey Kovalev Charged with Felony Assault ... Allegedly Punched Woman
01-18-2019, 12:38 PM
Sergey Kovalev Charged with Felony Assault ... Allegedly Punched Woman
https://www.tmz.com/2019/01/18/sergey-ko...hed-woman/

Boxing superstar Sergey Kovalev has been charged with felony assault for allegedly punching a woman in the face back in June -- but he claims he's not guilty ... TMZ Sports has learned.

Here's what we know ... the Russian fighter was arrested in Big Bear, CA on June 9 after a woman told police the former light heavyweight champion socked her in the face, causing serious injuries.

Sources connected to the case tell us ... the woman is claiming Kovalev had hit on her at a party earlier in the evening but rejected his advances. She claims Sergey and a friend followed her back to her cabin and that's where the alleged attack occurred.

We're told the woman claims she suffered major injuries including a severely broken nose, a concussion and a displaced disk in her neck.

FYI, Kovalev earned his nickname "Krusher" for his devastating punching power. 28 of his 32 wins have come by way of knockout.

Cops tell TMZ Sports ... they began searching for Kovalev immediately and arrested him a short time later.

He was charged with assault by means of force likely to cause great bodily injury -- which carries a maximum sentence of 4 years in prison.

Kovalev appeared in court and entered a not guilty plea.

What's interesting ... Kovalev fought Eleider Álvarez in August -- just 2 months after the arrest -- and lost in a shocking upset.

Kovalev is due back in court in March. He also has a rematch with Alvarez lined up for Feb. 2.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-18-2019, 03:17 PM
RE: Sergey Kovalev Charged with Felony Assault ... Allegedly Punched Woman
Russians go crazy when they drink. Hope it's not true though!
01-18-2019, 04:38 PM
Gillette are very upset by this.

They JUST. FUCKING. TOLD YOU SERGEY!!!!!
01-18-2019, 07:31 PM
Fucc man Kov turned into a POS after Ward exposed the bitch in him.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-22-2019, 11:24 PM
I had an Uber driver that was friends w Kov. He said once he won the title he went off the rails drinking and partying. He also said his wife became a goldigging bitch. Who knows.
01-23-2019, 12:48 AM
Kovalev to me is what Pavlik was a decade earlier. Tall punchers that had quick rises to the top beating name opponents, but quick falls as well. Both seemed to let the fame get to them, likely aiding in their quick exits from the top. Both were taken to school by top-notch dudes in Hopkins and Ward.

It sucks seeing really good with "great" potential fighters fall from the top so quick or squander away their prime years.
01-23-2019, 04:16 AM
I'm kinda hoping Alvarez knocks him out again. I've got no ill will or anything, I just think Kov's time is done and I want to see these young bucks taking each other on in unifications rather than one of last generation's guys holding the titles up.

Black

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)