Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Poll: Who wins?
Trinidad by KO/TKO
Trinidad by decision
GGG by KO/TKO
GGG by decision
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Tito-GGG
01-23-2019, 01:50 AM
RE: Tito-GGG
Tito no doubt had power at 160, but I tend to think it was a bit overrated, likely based on his power from the lower divisions. I think the only 2 dudes he stopped at 160+ were Joppy and that French guy (who had been stopped prior). With Joppy I think it was a classic case of a guy (Joppy) taking the fighter moving up too lightly. He got caught and hurt early and never recovered IMO. Because Joppy didn't really approach the fight the right way he exposed himself to Trinidad's power early and thus had a short night. Oh yeah, he stopped Mayorga too, I just remembered that... but the qualifier on that one is that Trinidad had 6-7 fights above 147 already at the time Mayorga bumped up to face him and I think Mayorga just had 1 gimme fight above 147 prior.

Anyway, Trinidad of course was a P4P puncher, but it's not like he was icing legit middleweights at 160 with single shots the way Golovkin has. I think Golovkin takes it and possibly early, as Trinidad was always pretty each to find and put on his ass early. Where he was able to get up against smaller dudes and lesser punchers, I'm not so sure he gets up against Golovkin. If he does, I think Golovkin is able to continue the onslaught and force a stoppage within a round or two.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-23-2019, 04:14 AM
Golovkin would not be his usual relentless self, since Tito can whack.

GGG would approach this more like the Lemieux or Canelo fights, by starting carefully and ramping up the pressure gradually.

Tito was usually a slow-ish starter, too, so this would probably take a few rounds to ignite. Once Tito got into rhythm and Golovkin got comfortable with Trinidad's power this would be brutal, but I think Golovkin would eventually take control late on to win on points.

Black
01-23-2019, 09:20 AM
I don't see Trinidad making it a full 12. Maybe not in the first few rounds, but I see Golovkin overall able to land roughly the same number of power shots on Trinidad as Hopkins was able to. If Hopkins' shots eventually got to and wore down Trinidad, I don't think there's any question that Golovkin's do as well.
01-23-2019, 10:56 AM
Yeah, I could agree with that...although I will counter slightly by saying that I don't think Golovkin would push for the knockout as hard as he usually does since Trinidad hits harder than Canelo and throws more punches, too.

But it's GGG win for me. Tito wasn't good enough at middleweight.

Black
01-23-2019, 11:29 AM
I like GGG over Tito at 60, but Tito over Canelo at 60. Styles.
01-23-2019, 04:06 PM
If Trinidad and Canelo went to the cards, who would be favored? Both were given plenty of gift rounds over the years.

I think Canelo would register a flash knockdown or two of Trinidad in the first 3 rounds, simply because his speed/power would be sufficient to do so on Trinidad who always seemed to go down early. That being said, from a scorecard perspective I think it takes at least until mid-fight for Trinidad to work himself back into it... but then you have to think about those judges and how they'd "see" things, perhaps with their eyes closed.
01-24-2019, 05:26 AM
Canelo has the gift of looking like he's controlling a round, even when the other guy is outlanding him. That enables him to snatch close rounds that maybe should go the other way.

Ray Leonard and Floyd had similar gifts.

Black
01-24-2019, 06:59 PM
I feel like Tito vs GGG would look like Jacob's vs GGG except Tito was rangier with way more pop in both hands..

I thought Jacobs won the GGG fight.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)