Poll: Who wins?
This poll is closed.
Pacqiuao by KO/TKO 37.50% 3 37.50%
Pacqiuao by decision 62.50% 5 62.50%
Broner by KO/TKO 0% 0 0%
Broner by decision 0% 0 0%
Total 8 votes 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Manny Pacqiuao-Adrien Broner set for Jan 19th!
01-20-2019, 07:27 PM (This post was last modified: 01-20-2019 07:28 PM by ViperSniper.)
RE: Manny Pacqiuao-Adrien Broner set for Jan 19th!
(01-20-2019 07:07 PM)Warlord Wrote:  The last fight I paid for was Vargas/Mosley 2. That was the day I said “never again.” Ol’ Boner might get someone’s money in the future, but it wasn’t and won’t be mine.

What made you want to buy Mosley-Vargas II to begin with & what was it about that fight that made you say "never again"? Not saying it was a classic, but nothing wrong happened in this fight either in terms of controversy, corruption or a snoozer..
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-21-2019, 03:10 AM
One thing I will give AB credit for is his fuccing CHIN.. that straight left that Pacquiao landed right on Broners open chin/mouth was crazy! It would've atleast dropped if not KOd anyone in Pacs prime.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-06-2019, 09:30 PM
Well guys I finally did it, watched a Manny fight in the Philippines. Surprisingly me girlfriend allowed me out by myself to go and watch the fight, on what was a Sunday lunchtime in Manila. we were staying in Makati (flash part of Manila) in a very high-end 5 star hotel so when I approached the concierge to find a place to go and watch the fight he would send me somewhere comparable. Maybe he could just tell but much to my delight when I turned up the the bar of his recommendation it was an absolute dive full of pool hustlers and hookers, LOL.

Great atmosphere and of course they cheered for very punch Manny did (or didn't) land. You can be cynical about Pac fans but once you've been to the country and seen how poor most of them are it is hard not to allow them this one source of pride.

As for the fight, this board really nailed it. Broner did too much posing and not enough throwing, he does have a good chin but I also suspect he didn't like the heat coming back his way every time he did open up. Manny looked solid, but you do sense that that Marquez KO still lurks at the back of his mind. He is so much more considered in the way he fights now, which is good enough to get the job done but it isn't peak Pacquiao either.

All all a fairly enjoyable fight made even better by watching in Manila. Later in the trip we caught up for lunch with one of Many's auditors/accountants that I got talking to when I was over in Brisbane fro the Horn fight. She gave me a miniature signed glove which was nice, and we had a decent talk about Manny. Surprisingly she said Koncz was one of the good guys, always trying to keep everything within budget but ultimately he'd been forced out by the Filipino entourage who think they know how to spend Manny's money better than him. Interesting stuff.

I actually believe Manny beats Thurman but loses to Crawford and Spence.

“Shakespeare? I ain’t never hoid of him. He’s not in no ratings. I suppose he’s one of them foreign heavyweights. They’re all lousy. Sure as hell I’ll moider dat bum.”—Tony Galento
02-12-2019, 06:49 PM
Cool to see the old Pac, hilarious to see Broner think he won this for the hood. They should let Pac fight Loma at 140.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Adrien Broner Appreciation Thread JD 523 424,417 03-21-2023 04:45 AM
Last Post: lloyd mayflower
  Arturo Gatti - Adrien Broner: Who wins? ViperSniper 4 1,540 05-04-2018 09:58 PM
Last Post: Dickagon
  Roberto Duran-Manny Pacqiuao ViperSniper 4 1,596 03-25-2018 01:46 PM
Last Post: Dickagon

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)