Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Poll: Who surprised you more?
Canelo against GGG II
Fury against Wilder
Kovalev against Alvarez
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Canelo/Fury/Kovalev
02-06-2019, 03:24 AM (This post was last modified: 02-06-2019 06:51 AM by ViperSniper.)
Canelo/Fury/Kovalev
So Canelo, Fury & Kovalev have had some surprising performances lately.

Majority of fans felt Canelo clearly lost to GGG in their first fight and were claiming he ran and didn't engage. Rematch gets signed and a most expected less out of Canelo, due to him being done with peds & wraps for their first abd assumed he would get stopped if he did decide to fight it out against GGG.
Canelo did everything most were saying he wouldn't or couldn't do!

Fury looked better than most expected after slowly coming out of retirement to get up and fight his way to a hard earned draw. Many weren't expecting Fury to perform as well as he did & was also expecting him to not last the distance against Wilder.

Kovalev had been stopped against Alvarez and was written off by a heavy majority. I don't think anyone was expecting Kovalev to turn things around in that manner! Close to a shut out in a very different approach.

So not in regards to which fight/win is the best..but which fighter surprised you most (or proved you wrong most) out of Fury, Canelo or Kovalev?

For me it's..
Kovalev
Canelo
Fury
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-06-2019, 05:52 AM
RE: Fury/Canelo/Kovalev
Kovalev. I thought he was done-done.
02-06-2019, 07:43 AM
RE: Canelo/Fury/Kovalev
I predicted a Canelo win and a Kovalev win.

I was 50-50 with Fury and Wilder.

However, I didn't expect Canelo to fight it out with Golovkin so much and beat him at his own game.

On the other hand I didn't expect Fury to show such recuperative powers, either.

I thought with Kov it was more a case of Alvarez being disappointingly bad rather than Kovalev was so impressive.

I'll plump for Canelo because it was such a big stage.

Black
02-12-2019, 06:51 PM
Canelo and Wilder are trash
02-12-2019, 08:18 PM
I think everybody who knows boxing expected Fury to box wilder's ears off.

"Weapons are forged by being pushed beyond their limits eventually breaking what they currently are to be molded into the killing machines they will soon become" -TeddyBear- remember that shit[/i][/b][/font]
02-12-2019, 09:30 PM (This post was last modified: 02-12-2019 11:18 PM by ViperSniper.)
(02-12-2019 08:18 PM)TheTeddyBear Wrote:  I think everybody who knows boxing expected Fury to box wilder's ears off.

Well I guess a heavy majority of us here don't know boxing in that case!! Lol Undecided
02-12-2019, 11:02 PM
(02-12-2019 08:18 PM)TheTeddyBear Wrote:  I think everybody who knows boxing expected Fury to box wilder's ears off.

Did you post that before the fight? If so, great call. If not, it sounds like some hindsight 20/20 to me.
02-13-2019, 02:23 AM (This post was last modified: 02-13-2019 02:30 AM by TheTeddyBear.)
I can't find the fury-wilder thread. But I'm pretty sure I said something along the lines of Fury will give him a boxing lesson and get clipped late. I know i said it on FB and to friends, told Rom on messenger.

Found a post saying the fight'll be awkward, so what I'm referring to wasn't in the fight thread. Idk where I put it. Maybe Facebook hard to tell I've been punched a shit ton. I might've made it up. If you see this Rom vouche for me if I did tell you. I'm not sure what i ate for breakfast.

"Weapons are forged by being pushed beyond their limits eventually breaking what they currently are to be molded into the killing machines they will soon become" -TeddyBear- remember that shit[/i][/b][/font]
02-13-2019, 06:39 AM
All y’all motherfuckers know I was picking Fury. Said it repeatedly. Wilder is straight garbage, and I’ve maintained it from the beginning.

The only thing that surprised me about Fury was that he didn’t get the win (and that he went down as hard as he did).

Warriors Don't Show Their Heart Until The Axe Reveals It.
02-13-2019, 07:37 AM (This post was last modified: 02-13-2019 08:17 AM by ViperSniper.)
(02-13-2019 02:23 AM)TheTeddyBear Wrote:  I can't find the fury-wilder thread. But I'm pretty sure I said something along the lines of Fury will give him a boxing lesson and get clipped late. I know i said it on FB and to friends, told Rom on messenger.

Found a post saying the fight'll be awkward, so what I'm referring to wasn't in the fight thread. Idk where I put it. Maybe Facebook hard to tell I've been punched a shit ton. I might've made it up. If you see this Rom vouche for me if I did tell you. I'm not sure what i ate for breakfast.

You did pick Fury, Teddy!

http://www.socialunderground.com/forums/...ts&pid=112

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  It's set!! Canelo-Kovalev on Nov 2nd!! ViperSniper 95 4,326 11-25-2019 01:28 PM
Last Post: Method
  Canelo Kovalev Rumored to be Done JD 26 1,273 09-17-2019 09:42 AM
Last Post: Imperius3
  Canelo - Kovalev Close to Done 10/19 or 10/26 JD 12 816 07-27-2019 07:54 PM
Last Post: the ollie reed fan club

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)