Hopkins
Calzaghe
Dawson
Stevenson
Ward
Kovalev
Alvarez
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Fantasy Light Heavyweight tournament
02-06-2019, 03:37 AM (This post was last modified: 02-06-2019 03:40 AM by ViperSniper.)
Fantasy Light Heavyweight tournament
If all 8 men were at their very best at Light Heavyweight and all fought eachother..who would be placed where and who takes it all?

Kovalev-Dawson
Stevenson-Tarver
Calzaghe-Ward
Alvarez-Hopkins

I thought I'd start with these fights..but I guess you could jumble all matchups..

I'm curious to see who you guys see taking this due to some matchups taking place already (although maybe not when these guys were at their best) which may determine how each sees this unfolding. This has nothing to do with who had the best career, what a fighter may have done in a previous division or who is the most skilled.

Fights that may change opinions like Steveson-Dawson (not at his best at the time) or how some may have scored both Ward-Kovalev fights (it's a shame to say..I personally don't think Ward ever beat Kovalev..either time) or many people feeling Hopkins really beat Calzaghe ect.

So taking all the fights that took place and the fights that didn't ..how would this pan out if all 8 men fought eachother?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-06-2019, 05:54 AM (This post was last modified: 02-06-2019 05:55 AM by Imperius3.)
RE: Fantasy Light Heavyweight tournament
For me it's close between Ward and Hopkins. Both are very intelligent and crafty. Gotta go with Ward because I've never seen him lose.

Btw, you should throw Roy Jones in there too!
02-06-2019, 06:40 AM (This post was last modified: 02-07-2019 05:53 AM by ViperSniper.)
(02-06-2019 05:54 AM)Imperius3 Wrote:  For me it's close between Ward and Hopkins. Both are very intelligent and crafty. Gotta go with Ward because I've never seen him lose.

Btw, you should throw Roy Jones in there too!

I should have added Jones and for some reason didn't consider..maybe because he'dbe heavy favourite?! I was going to add Pascal, Johnson & Adamek but they didn't make the cut lol.
Maybe Jones-Adamek & Pascal-Johnson too haha

Ward & Hopkins are the two most talented out of the crop but not sure if they'd take it as I personally felt Kovalev beat both of them already & have also commented in the past how Kovalev is wrong for any version of Hopkins at 175. I also felt Calzaghe beat Hopkins too.

I feel Ward (and Tarver) would beat Calzaghe.

I feel the Dawson that outboxed Hopkins would beat Stevenson.
02-06-2019, 06:43 AM
Yeah, I figured he didn’t add prime Roy on purpose, as it’d have had a rather predictable outcome if he had.

Warriors Don't Show Their Heart Until The Axe Reveals It.
02-06-2019, 07:45 AM
Ward or Hopkins for me.

Calzaghe is a good shout, too, but was so full of injury and inconsistency id struggle to pick him in any tournament format, whereas Ward and Hopkins are the epitome of professionalism and consistency...which is why they both won big in tournament formats before.

Black
02-06-2019, 08:50 PM
Agree I voted Ward but heavily debated Hopkins. Hopkins is more accomplished but I think AW is more intelligent and possibly more skilled.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-06-2019, 09:32 PM
(02-06-2019 06:43 AM)Warlord Wrote:  Yeah, I figured he didn’t add prime Roy on purpose, as it’d have had a rather predictable outcome if he had.

Perhaps the LHW version of Toney under Freddie Roach would be a better one to throw in there?

“Shakespeare? I ain’t never hoid of him. He’s not in no ratings. I suppose he’s one of them foreign heavyweights. They’re all lousy. Sure as hell I’ll moider dat bum.”—Tony Galento
02-07-2019, 04:17 AM (This post was last modified: 02-07-2019 04:21 AM by ViperSniper.)
I feel Hopkins falls short here due to Calzaghe, Dawson & Kovalev.

Ward I feel lost to Kovalev & feel he would struggle with Hopkins & Tarver but would pick him against Calzaghe and feel he'd win a close fight against Dawson in his prime, Alvarez & Stevenson.

At this point I'd say off the top..either Kovalev or Ward would be favoured here.
02-07-2019, 05:23 AM
I can't see anyone this list beating the Hopkins who sonned Tarver.

Black
02-07-2019, 10:05 AM
I don't think Hopkins was at his best at 175 so I couldn't take Hopkins. I see Ward and Calzaghe in the finals in a close one.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Mythical Heavyweight Tournament TheTeddyBear 7 4,905 01-06-2015 08:17 PM
Last Post: the ollie reed fan club
  Heavyweight Tournament TheTeddyBear 9 6,819 12-23-2014 12:41 AM
Last Post: the ollie reed fan club
  Who is the man at Light Heavyweight? ViperSniper 84 55,660 11-14-2014 08:17 PM
Last Post: Dickagon

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)