Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Okay... so.... a question.
02-25-2019, 05:42 PM
RE: Okay... so.... a question.
Its maybe not for you as its not cheap if you dont think you like it, but I would suggest you sit yourself down a bottle of Aberlour A'Bunadh, or a well aged Glendronach (18 is fucking incredible).

If you dont like them, then yes, mans whisky is indeed not for you.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-25-2019, 05:45 PM
Drop me a link and I’ll look for it. If I see it I’ll definitely pick one up.
02-25-2019, 06:05 PM
Japanese whiskey is wonderfully light and flowery. I was surprised with just how easy-drinking it was. I defo recommend it....

Black
02-25-2019, 06:06 PM
https://www.thewhiskyexchange.com/p/2745...h-batch-50

https://www.thewhiskyexchange.com/p/9732...herry-cask

With the A'Bunadh, earlier batch numbers are best. Its unfortunately getting to the point where its difficult to get a bottle for a reasonable price these days. Maybe not so over there though. Both of these represent my favourite Sherry cask whiskies which have zero smoke and absolutely tons of fruity, sweet, dark flavours.

I like smoky gear aswell, but its undoubtedly the hardest flavour to get used to and eventually like. Usually the Islay malts are the last ones people new to whisky will get into.
02-25-2019, 07:32 PM
Y'all mf's need to have some moonshine imported.

"Weapons are forged by being pushed beyond their limits eventually breaking what they currently are to be molded into the killing machines they will soon become" -TeddyBear- remember that shit[/i][/b][/font]
02-25-2019, 08:16 PM
Is moonshine an actual thing or just a generic term?

FWIW I have a bottle of whisky in my cupboard which is 67% ABV. If you drink stuff stronger than that then fair play to yiu brother.
02-26-2019, 12:46 AM
I'm a Honey Whiskey on the Roccs kinda guy. Jack's is fast and easy.

I like drinking my whiskey with a nice steak. What kind of Scotch would you recommend on the sweeter side?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-26-2019, 01:44 AM
Stick with the Speyside variety probably Jon. You can probably find websites which narrow down based on your tastes but the ones I mentioned to JD, heavy sherry flavours tend to be sweet. Dalmore is a good after dinner type one pretty sweet. Cardhu, Dalwhinnie, those are quote gentle and sweet in flavour. Again you need to stay away from the islanders since even the ones that arent smokt tend to be quite briny in flavour.

As far as widely available ones go, every bar you go into will have Macallan and Glenfiddich. Give them a go since they are fairly cheap and readily available.
02-26-2019, 03:24 AM
Moonshine is an actual thing you can't procure from a store you have to "know a guy" it's usually made in either someone's garage or in a wooded valley in the middle of nowhere. It'll put hair on your chest.

"Weapons are forged by being pushed beyond their limits eventually breaking what they currently are to be molded into the killing machines they will soon become" -TeddyBear- remember that shit[/i][/b][/font]
02-26-2019, 07:55 AM
I don’t want too sweet.

I’ll do a Whistle Pig Rye or Bourbon. Basil Hayden is a go to. Same with Blantons. Love me some Weller Wheated Bourbon.

Flavor. Some heat.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)