Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Poll: Who is Floyd's biggest threat today?
Crawford
Thurman
Pacqiuao
Spence
Porter
Charlo
Lara
Hurd
Munguia
Canelo
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Where Floyd's at!?
03-01-2019, 10:56 PM (This post was last modified: 03-03-2019 12:51 AM by ViperSniper.)
Where Floyd's at!?
Floyd's last real boxing bout was against Berto & has since fought 2 exhibitions with 2 non-boxers. Floyd has recently said he will no longer box & will continue to do 3 round exhibitions instead.

At 42 years old, how much has Floyd got left? Based on his last 2 outtings & age, it's kinda difficult to know exactly how good Floyd is. It depends on how you view his past 2 showings. Some people were saying that he has looked good and "toyed" with these guys..others have said he looked slow/old.

So..is there anyone in & around Welterweight that you would pick over Floyd if he returned or would Floyd still be too skilled for the new gen fighters?

I always felt Floyd was too skilled for everyone, but as time goes by & others grow & improve as fighters, I feel Floyd would get beat if he ever returned.

The fighters I see beating Floyd today would be
Spence & Canelo. Everyone else from 140-160 may have a good shot but would have the most confidence in these two guys. As odd as it sounds..Porter may be a bad matchup for Floyd at this point.

Would Floyd still be unbeaten or are there guys now you would pick to beat Floyd, if he returned?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-02-2019, 12:22 AM
RE: Where Floyd's at!?
The body physically changes after the age of 40. I believe Mayweather is out of his prime now without a doubt. That being said, his fundamentals are so good, he would still be competitive against the best of them. No one will look good beating him, even if they win. I believe he's a lot like Hopkins in this regard.
03-02-2019, 10:57 AM (This post was last modified: 03-02-2019 10:59 AM by blackbelt2003.)
Floyd is a master of picking opponents. He never picks someone who will beat him, and times it right every time.

Therefore, if he does come back it will be against another faded legend and a known quantity. Of the list, it can only be Pacquiao he would step in to face. The rest he would avoid.

Edit: I voted for Pac by accident. Pac is the only one I wouldn't vote for....

Black
03-02-2019, 12:30 PM
Unless Floyd got clipped, he would most definitely be competitive against the current boxers.

I feel that Floyd has lived a career that has seen him take very little risk, little damage & a whole lot of good care of himself.

Floyd could most definitely train his ass off and still be amongst the best based on his talent alone. And that's still taking into account his age & inactivity.

Floyd has made cherrypicking apart of his career, yet has managed to have spun it into something some may want to defend, admire or want to give credit for.

Floyd could have made so much money by just staying active and fighting like fighters do. Win, lose or draw, Floyd could have had 55 fights or so, have more respect and money had he fought these top guys. If Floyd can't produce thrilling fights, at least make thrilling matchups against up n comers or top current guys & actually take a fight where the people think you may or will be beat and prove them wrong. Even these top guys he fights can still make a name, reputation and following, even if they lose, by just putting up a good showing.

Floyd would still beat Pac, Danny Garcia & possibly Manguia but would then be in pick em fights against Hurd, Lara, Crawford, Porter & Thurman. But then when you get to Spence, Spence is a damn good/skilled fighter who is a big Welter, in his prime, can crack & hasn't showed too many holes. Not to mention, has apparently dropped Mayweather in sparring already, no?

But if I had to choose one fighter to beat Floyd, it would be Canelo I'd have most faith in doing so. He is a completely different fighter to the one that fought Floyd. Canelo knows it, Floyd would know it & that would be the difference!
Canelo is now much bigger, heavier & more improved. Canelo would slowly box Floyd down into a KO!
03-02-2019, 12:50 PM
The only names that have any true drawing power are canelon thurman and Bud. I think Thurman is the easiest fight of the lot for him.

"Weapons are forged by being pushed beyond their limits eventually breaking what they currently are to be molded into the killing machines they will soon become" -TeddyBear- remember that shit[/i][/b][/font]
03-02-2019, 01:22 PM
How would Mayweather-GGG look now, if Floyd moved upto Middleweight?
03-02-2019, 07:49 PM
Floyd is fighting dudes with no real boxing training or experience. How is he even relevant against professional boxers at the top of their division?

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)