Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Cruiserweight WBSS Double Header
06-18-2019, 09:24 AM
Cruiserweight WBSS Double Header
Anyone see it?

Absolutely brilliant card, featuring two genuine world class fights between well matched contenders.

Dorticos was superb, boxing sensibly and economically to wear down the fast, flashy Tabiti before nearly killing him with a perfectly timed right hand that laid him out

And the Briedis-Glowacki fight was pure excitement and drama for the three rounds it lasted with lots of controversy. Briedis responded to a rabbit punch by elbowing Glowacki in the jaw (and hard).
A wobbly Glowacki tried to make a meal of it but Robert Byrd forced him to fight on and he was promptly floored very heavily before the bell saved him.

Except Byrd didn't hear the bell and so Glowacki got pummeled for another ten seconds and floored even more heavily.

His corner had plenty to complain about but sent him out for round three still a bit woozy where Breidis went on a seek and destroy mission and flattened him for a third and final time.

Exciting and controversial.

Plus, the next night Kudryashanov and Makuba pit on another cruiserweight thriller, swapping power shots and each hurting then other before Makuba got a the 5th round stoppage win.

Cruiserweight has been shit hot for the last few years now, and shows no signs of slowing up.

Black
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-18-2019, 05:27 PM
RE: Cruiserweight WBSS Double Header
I'll post later but yeah..great card!
06-19-2019, 04:07 AM (This post was last modified: 06-19-2019 07:31 AM by ViperSniper.)
Man..these Cruiserweights!!

Out of all the Cubans I've seen fight, Dorticas fights nothing like the rest of his countrymen! The least Cuban style I've seen lol. Dorticas was a very solid, text book fighter but when he goes for it..he reallly goes for it..borderline crude shots. Dude was just a really rough fighter.

Dorticas copped some accidental butts from Tabiti and opened up a cut. Dorticas retaliates back with 2-3 blantant lowblows while purposely turning away from the refs vision..very Hopkins like..crafty. but after some crafty moves Dorticas slowly became rough and dirty! The ref I felt did a bad job of officiating this fight! The finish was fucking great to a very rough dirty fight!!

Now Briedis-Glowacki!!!

What a fuckin disgrace!!! A horrible, horrible fight! What the fuck was with Robert Byrd man??? He must have been payed good money because he really took care of Briedis!

That fucking back elbow to the jaw that dropped Glowacki was no joke! Did Glowacki milk it a bit??..maybe..but it clearly did damage and had an effect. Sure Byrd deducted a point (he had no choice it was that bad) but had the actual nerve to show more frustration and rushing Glowacki to get up! He told Glowacki off more than Briedis!!! Then seconds later Glowacki goes down from a punch..and it was literally all down hill from there.

THAT ELBOW to the jaw set up the rest of the fight! Briedis is a fuckin dirty prick!

Then for Byrd to allow Glowacki to cop punishment well after the bell was viciously ringing for what felt like an eternity was a gigantic fuck up! Like what the fuck..how did Byrd NOT hear the fucking bell getting bashed..you see everyone at ringside scrunching their faces in anger and disbelief with how he could not hear the bell..Byrd has the nerve to get angry and be yelling to the officials that he couldn't hear the bell (..therefore it wasn't his fault..) it was embarrassing to watch.

This fight I feel should be overruled (clearly won't) or for there to be an immediate rematch (clearly won't happen either). This was a very exciting fight but for me was ruined by the dirty display, shit reffing & complete mayhem that happened inside the ring.

Who takes the finals with Dorticas-Briedis??

I'm hoping the Cuban can take this but feel Briedis will take it instead.

The finals is gonna be a realll dirty fuckin fight! They'll need 2 refs for this one!!

Can't wait!!
06-19-2019, 11:12 AM
First of all, fuck the rest of you for endless discussions on Fury's exhibition and Deontay fucking Wilder but no response on this incredible card that featured two brilliant match ups at world title level.

Secondly, the referees lost control to a certain extent in both fights (definitely the second one!), but it just added to the drama! I dont think Briedis was intentionally dirty, I thi I he just snapped for a split second after what was an intentional (and hard) rabbit punch. It seems out of character for him to foul like that so I'll Gove him the benefit of the doubt...

But having said that Glowacki has every right to be pissed off. He was raped by the ref in that second round, and he should have gotten the five mins to recover whether Byrd thought he was milking it or not.

I think we'll get a rematch down the line at some point!

Black
06-20-2019, 03:10 PM
They should def rematch... that elbow, although not hard, did affect him. He was clearly still dazed by it.. and geeze, How Byrd missed the bell, ill have no idea.

Can boxing just be done with the Byrd family? Both Robert and Adalaide..
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-20-2019, 04:58 PM
Both Robert and Adelaide still hit harder than Chris ever could.....

Black
06-20-2019, 05:18 PM
LMAO... I knew someone would bring up Chris. Hahaha
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-20-2019, 08:44 PM
lol

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Cruiserweight WBSS finals: Briedis-Dorticos ViperSniper 5 3,683 09-26-2020 07:12 PM
Last Post: ViperSniper

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)